Chapter 34*

The weeks that followed scared Lauren and Noah. The ghostly figure haunted them, begging for attention, they could see him from the corner of their eyes but if they looked, he wouldn't be there. It was creepy.

Lauren had become very good friends with Luci and very familiar around his palace, except there were some rooms that she couldn't go into, such as where the maids slept or in the cellar. She had gone into the basement though. It was filled with barrels of wine left to ferment and countless other alcohols. Luci was a classy and educated man, what did you expect in his basement?

Dead bodies?

A sadomasochist's play-room?

A prison?

No!

Also, she had tried some of the wine. It was delicious and she had experienced the first time she was drunk with him.

...

"Hey Lauren!" Luci shouted over from the top of the table. She looked towards his signalling that she had heard him. He gestured for her to come over to him. "Sit on my lap for a moment."he almost demanded, patting his lap. She hesitated but eventually sat on him. "Lauren, you're so uptight, relax a little."she relaxed so that she was resting Luci's chest. She could smell him now, the delicious perfume that he wore made her almost want to taste him.

Luci pulled her closer to him so their knees were almost inline with each other. She could almost feel Noah's glare on them. She didn't want to look at him.

"You should try the wine, it is one-thousand pounds a glass. The wine is most exquisite. Gives you an aroma of a night in a cherry blossom orchards in the most rural Japan and an aftertaste of the most expensive grapes in the whole of Italy crushed to a sweet and tangy pulp."he explained. He handed her a glass filled with the dark-red liquid.

Italy?

Japan?

She hesitantly took the glass and took a sip. It was sweet and bitter and made the back of her throat sting a bit.

"Don't drink it like that, down it."

She chugged the glass.

And another,

And another,

...

After the fourth glass she was toppling over drunk. She meandered on Luci's lap as if she was a child who didn't quite know a dance routine and was stumbling to keep up.

"Hey, how comes you always have so much pride?"

"Maybe it is because I am naturally brilliant at everything."he rolled his eyes.

"You're not 'natural-ily brill'ant' at being modest."she pointed out, her speech slurred. She giggled at herself.

"Unless you are as common as dirt, you should take pride in everything you are good at and what you have, it's common sense."he hissed. "Modesty is overrated. If you don't mind returning to your seat, my lap is getting warm." Lauren pouted.

"Please?"

"Get. Off."

...

She returned to a scowling Noah and a gold embroidered chair.she wondered if he got lonely whilst she was gone.

"What was that?"he demanded, harshly, like a blade through silk.

"Wh-hat-t was what?"She giggled.

"You were on top of...what's-his-face."

"Luci. Soooo? Why can't I?"

"Because it's wrong." Noah could tell she was on alcohol, he could smell it on her breath. She had drank a little too much in his opinion. She flicked his nose.

"You aren't any fun."

What sense was she speaking?!

"You mean: 'you're no fun'. We should go back to our bedroom." Lauren brought her mouth close to his ear.

"What are you suggesting?"she slurred, biting on his ear seductively.

"Stop that at once!" Noah scolded. Lauren pouted.

...

When Noah had finished practically carrying her into the bedroom and onto the bed, she pulled him on top of her. Noah shivered and pulled away.

"Why not?" Lauren pouted once again.

"I'm going to get you a glass of water." Noah excused himself and got her a glass of the purest water, not that he knew at the time. He handed the glass to Lauren.

"But I don't want water."

"Well, what do you want?"

"You. I want you."

Noah sighed.

"If I give you a kiss, will you drink the water."

"It depends where you will kiss me."she smirked.

"Your lips, Lauren."

"Okay fine."

Lauren picked up the glass and drank all of the water.

"You happy no-" she was interrupted by Noah locking his lips with hers. She kissed him back and things escalated from there.

Noah was then on top of her satisfying his desire on her. They were only in their undergarments. All of a sudden, Noah stopped.

"You're drunk, I can't."he said, rolling off of her. "I can't escalate it the way I want to, it wouldn't be fair. He thought about the gay people he saw one time when he wasn't diagnosed with OCD, they were watching intimate acts together. He couldn't bare to do that with his love.

Life wasn't all about lechery to him.

Life wasn't all about money to him.

Life was all about Lauren to him.

And at that moment, he felt that he should leave the lust until later on in his life. He looked over at Lauren. She was fast asleep next to him. He wondered if she had ever been drunk before. Oh how little he knew about the woman he loved.

_____

Wham! Another update.

Hoot!

Toot!