Chapter 6

"I don't know what to do."she felt conflicted. Noah had never acted his way before and she had told Daisy (her friend) everything except from Noah being a boy.

"Perhaps it was her medication. You said that she had OCD, right? Well, you don't know what the side effects of that might be. Anyway, it's not as if you could become pregnant or anything." Daisy had instantly took the side of Noah as she knew that Lauren was close to him/her and it couldn't have been his/her fault from what she had heard.

Her catalog name was EVE•1-2-8.SOCBFY. The last part meaning that she was very good at understanding the way people's brains worked. She was also a very social person who could give advice to anyone.

The view point Daisy gave her made her feel pathetic.

She felt so selfish. Of course it was his medication. People don't act like that all of a sudden.

She exited the girls' side and fell onto the gravel. She looked up at the dark sky. Stars glistened and she was bewildered. She shook her head and slipped through Noah's window. She gasped at his appearance. His cheeks had hollowed and his hair was tangled. His eyes were closed and she could see dark circles around his eyes from lack of sleep. His skin was almost translucent.

She had only been gone for a few days.

"Noah?" She whispered, rushing to his side. He was almost dead. "This is all my fault, I'm so sorry Noah." She hugged his body that was now almost skeleton-like.

"Lauren." He whimpered. He opened his eyes. She noticed how dull they were. She pressed a small kiss to his lips. "You came back." His voice was raspy, as if he hadn't spoken in a while.

"Do you need water, food?" Lauren asked. Noah nodded. She pulled him up so that his back was resting against the headboard of his bed. Lauren poured him a glass of water from a neglected jug laying nearby. She handed him the plastic cup. He drank it steadily. "When was the last time you ate?" She asked. Noah cleared his throat but this only resulted in him going into a fit of coughing.

"Three days." He spluttered. "I'm so sorry about what ha-"

"That doesn't matter, it wasn't your fault. When will the food be delivered?"

"It was delivered five minutes ago but I didn't want to c-cough! Cough!-collect it." He coughed. Lauren walked to the door, picked up the food and returned to him.

"You're so stupid. You scare me, Noah."she scolded him.

"I know...anyway...what is there."his voice was quiet and tantalisingly slow. 

"Burger and fries." Lauren announced, putting it on top of the table. Noah began to sob into his hand. "Noah, please don't cry." She sat next to him and wrapped her arm around his shoulders.

"I'm in such a bad way Lauren. I wanted to die so badly, I blamed it all on myself. Please don't leave me again. I don't know how much more I can take." He sobbed. She hugged him and kissed the top of his head.

"I shouldn't have left you in the first place, Noah. I'm sorry...You should eat, you're probably starving." Lauren pulled him out of bed and sat him on the floor. He picked up a chip and ate it. It was good to have some food inside of him once more. Lauren held him close the entire time. Her head rested in the crook of his neck. This was paradise to Noah. He should have felt something. Joy, happiness but he held no emotion. He felt dead on the inside but the pain he had was no longer there.

The food was making him feel sick but he felt a need to finish it off to please her. Once he was finished, Lauren went to throw away the rubbish. Noah looked at her, blinked, and then looked at her again. She came back with the comb that she had done his hair with a while ago. She began combing his blond hair. He sighed and felt comfort in her doing that. Noah closed his eyes and felt the comb going through his hair. Noah smiled for the first time in what felt like forever.