Chapter 10

What had just happened? Lauren thought as she woke up in a dark room. The last thing she could recall was the man in the white suit putting a plain cloth over her face. It smelt disgusting. Everything went black after that.

The lights flickered on and a man in a all black suit walked in. He looked to be in his early thirties. His hair was gelled back and he had a mean persona about him.

Lauren saw that she was strapped to a chair and was wearing a straitjacket.

"Ah, so you're awake Miss Ryuga. I am Desmond Waru, the manager of the boys' ward. For the love you bestowed on a boy has given you this dishonorable time to die."

"B-But I don't want to die. I'm only nineteen and have the whole of my life ahead of me."

"You shouldn't have loved that boy. We did warn you but you just wouldn't listen, would you. You were going to die at thirty anyway after you produce the babies that we need."

"What are you talking about? People are allowed to love, take my lesbian friends for example." She asked, not caring about where she was at the moment.

The manager laughed, cruelly. Just the sound of his gleeful cackle made Lauren shiver. He noticed this and laughed even harder. The laugh sounded insane now.

"You are a foolish bitch. Lesbians are no threat, they can't reproduce on their own, you are a fool. Why do you think that there aren't any girls over forty here and it's called the girls' side not the womens' side or the female side. We kill all the infertile people, including the men who we desire to keep instead of sending them to war." He laughed.

"What is war?" Lauren asked, beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable around the man. He laughed like a mad man once again.

"War? It is where men slaughter people in order to get their way. We take ninety percent of all males to train to be the men who fight in the wars, soldiers. The other men are left to get their sperm genetically modified so we can have stronger and stronger men to fight our wars." He cackled. Lauren had no idea what he had just said.

"Where's Noah? What happened to him?" Lauren asked, fed up and red faced.

"Oh the OCD boy. Ah he is in a different room just incase you try anything together, like you did in his room a while back." He smirked, cruelly. "We don't want you having kids that aren't going to be fit for our army now, would we?"

"Why are you doing this? Just let us go." Lauren cried.

"No can do sweetheart. You will be killed tomorrow so make this day worth living." He walked to the door.

"My life isn't worth living without Noah in it." She called to him. He let out a bone-chilling laugh.

"Well, aren't you a love-sick bitch. I'll send him your regards. See you later, Miss Ryuga."

He slammed the door leaving Lauren to her own troubled thoughts. Everything was making sense to her now. Why the woman's baby was taken away from her. Why they didn't want men and women mixing. Why she had never saw any old women when she had heard that some people can live to one-hundred and ten. She couldn't help but think how wrong it was. Her life had been a lie.

She leaned back on the chair, trying to make herself comfortable but it was impossible in a straitjacket. Tears helplessly ran down her cheeks. She was going to die. As was Noah, the only person she had ever truly loved. She couldn't help the pathetic sobs and whimpers that left her mouth. She wanted Noah so badly but she was probably never going to see him again. It was so unfair. Her body racked with her sobbing and crying she felt herself weaken, tire and eventually eventually drift off to sleep.

On the other hand, Noah was fuming. How dare they lock him and Lauren up to get killed? That damned manager walked in.

"Ah, if if isn't that freak, Noah. Why so angry, boy? Is that table a little too far to the right for your liking?" The manager kicked the table so it was even more to the right. He chuckled, this only made Noah angrier.

"Where is Lauren?" Noah seethed.

"If you use that tone, I won't tell you anything." The manager said, very seriously.

"Fine, could you tell me where Lauren is, good sir?" He said, in a fake posh voice. He hated The Manager because he was the one who made everyone treat him like a freak with severe mental issues.

"She is locked away and is absolutely fine, for now." He laughed.

"You're sick!"Noah growled.

"Tut, tut, tut. You better not be so rude. You don't want to be beaten before you die. Don't you want to die with dignity?" The Manager cackled.

"What are you talking about?" Noah asked, through gritted teeth.

"Oh you haven't heard. You and that bitch, Lauren are going to die tomorrow. Ah, she was crying Noah. I guess she really wanted to say goodbye but I wouldn't let her." He laughed.

"I hate you. You've made the whole of my life a misery. And now this. I love her. You can't prevent that.

"You can't love if you are dead, freak."

"I'll kill you. Right here, you bastard!" Noah screamed. The Manager raised his hand as punched him between his legs. He let out a high pitched gasp and fell to the floor. "You're a coward, that's cheating!"

"You are just a weakling, freak. Goodbye, I'll probably be the last face you'll ever see apart from the executioner." He chuckled before slamming the door. The room drenched in darkness.

______

And that's the chapter completed! School is coming. >:(

Oh well.

Hoot!

Toot!

Divided We Stand, United We FallOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara