Chapter 3

Luke continued leading us through the long hallway. Navigating this house would be a real challenge, I'm not even used to walking around big places. There were many paths and the hallway itself is very wide, and though the walls are higher downstairs, it is still significantly higher than what I'm used to. We passed many doors, and stopped when Luke turned around  "this is your room, Mr and Mrs. Wilson" he said. My parents smiled at him "thanks. But it uh.. really took some time to get here, didn't it?" my father said, chuckling.

"Don't worry, Mr. Wilson,  it took me years to navigate this house too. I'll put a landmark, like a plant so it's easier to find it" he smiled at my parents as he said. "Oh 'm just kidding, kid. We won't actually be here very often" my father said, breaking the cheerful atmosphere.  My mom looked sad, but Luke is still smiling. 

After my parents went in their room, Luke looked at me with a smile "I'll show you your room" he said. I nodded and followed him as I think of what I can say. Not that it really matters, but now that my parents are in their rooms it can be awfully silent and awkward until I reach my room. I also wondered if his parents have the same occupation as mine do. How come he's never mentioned them? Actually, it's not my business.

Luke broke the silence "Was your old neighborhood nice?" he said.

"What?" I blurted out at the sudden question. I was too indulged in my own thoughts. Luke looked startled and uncomfortable.

"S-sorry" Luke said, slightly stuttering and in between smiles.

I was a bit put off by his apology. Though I should have good enough resistance towards what I consider as unnecessary apologies from all that time with Mikaela, I still don't like seeing or hearing it. 

"Don't apologize. Your question startled me, that's all" I said then replied to his question "my neighborhood was okay."

Luke looked relieved "Oh, good" he said. I decided to ask him a question "How long have you lived here?"

"Since I was three, I'm 22 now. Basically all my life" Luke said.

"Wow... 19 years is a long time" I said in awe. So when he said it took him years to navigate this house, he was only three years old when he moved in... 

What a goof. 

Luke said "uh huh" then added, "your cousins Sana and Cameron moved to this house just two years ago." So other than Cameron, Sana is my cousin. 

"What's Sana like?" I said. Luke slowed down his pace when I asked him that. "She's about your age, and she's a little..." Luke paused. I anticipated his next words. "Aggressive" Luke said.

"Oh?" I said. It was a very interesting choice of words.  Judging by how Luke took his time to find the right word to say, she might be more than a little aggressive.

Luke swallowed a lump in his throat and is avoiding my eyes "this also goes to my siblings Seth and Yuna. I know it's sudden but I have to warn you that they might not make you feel comfortable" he said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

He looked hesitant to say "um, they fight sometimes."

I said "fight sometimes, huh?" I can only imagine how it would be like if I'm surrounded with people like Marcus. Not only one, but three of them. When I think of somebody that makes me feel uncomfortable, and someone that matches the word aggressive, the only person that comes up is Marcus. But who knows? Maybe they're not that bad. But I was a bit surprised when he said his siblings Seth and Yuna resemble my cousin Sana, because Luke seems perfectly normal to me. Don't they grow up the same way?