Chapter 14

It felt like forever. Eventually I figured I should climb to the roof myself. I didn't want to text Luke because him not arriving in front of the seventh-floor counter is a good sign that he's with Yuna right now. I walked through the very dangerous looking staircases to the roof. There are a few lights guiding the way, in the beginning its as bright as the ones on the hospital floors but as I get higher up, the wind blew more and there are less lights to guide me. The lights that are present are flickering.

It was until I heard a distinctive voice. The one that belongs to the person we've been looking for all this time.

"He's all I have" Yuna's voice was audible from here in the stairs. It was filled with a lot of sorrow, something I'm not used to from her. I realized it might be best for me to not climb up fully, and just listen from here.

"I know" It was Luke's voice this time.

"No you don't!" Yuna snapped.

"Yuna, if you feel comfortable enough you can help me understand. I'll listen" he continued, his voice barely audible "Seth is my brother too" Luke said.

"You don't have the right to say that" Yuna said "You scold him all the time. You don't think hard enough as to why he's 'troublesome', you only say he is" Yuna said, her voice threatening.

Luke was silent. It was hurtful to hear that being said, especially because Luke puts the people in the house as his utmost priority. But I figured, Yuna is her own person. She seldom talks, but that might show that she has seen things from different perspectives from all of us.

"I- "Luke started, but couldn't finish his sentence. Yuna said "and me? You know what I went through. For all the times you scolded me about my bad attitude, I swear I won't change just because of what you said" she continued "You are so selfish and heartless! Look at me! I grew up to become like this, it's not something that happened overnight! All you ever think about is yourself!"

Luke? Selfish and heartless? That is the last thing I would describe him as. I'm starting to feel my blood boil, and I just want to go up there and tell her off. But I can't, and I won't. However, to me her words hold no meaning at all. It's just empty words targeted at Luke to create a dominating appearance. She's angry at other things right now, not Luke. But she's taking it out on him.

"I... I admit that I'm not the best brother you could ask for" Luke said.

"I lie and hurt a lot, I make a lot of mistakes. But at the same time.... there is nothing wrong with me" Luke said.

Yuna is silent this time.

Luke continued "I don't mean to blame anybody, but we are all created prone to mistakes. Everything around us isn't pure. None of us is to blame for the mistakes our family have made, or how our surroundings are like when we were born" he continued "we are all our own person, Yuna. So please don't keep everything to yourself. Your opinion matters."

His words were perfect, and Yuna did not say anything in response.

Finally breaking the silence, Luke said "you deserve your best chance. Everybody is extremely worried for you downstairs. Even if it doesn't seem like it, we all care about you very much."

There was a silence before Yuna spoke "...And it has to be told now. Does it? What about before?" she continued "why are you persistent now? I'm not going to hurt or bother you, there's no use trying to make me 'open up'." Before Luke can say anything else, I heard Yuna's cold voice "leave."

Her response sounded like she wanted to avoid any chance of her opening up. But she didn't snap at Luke this time, and instead told him patiently about how she's feeling.

There was no sounds of movement, until I heard both my and Luke's phone ring at the same time. I might've been caught hiding and both Yuna and Luke could've heard another phone ring, but at that moment the rational choice is to pick up my phone.

It was from Cam, and it read:

"Please come down now! The doctor has news for all of us"

With that, I went downstairs immediately  to floor 4. When I arrived I saw that Tony, Cam, Sana, and Todd are all seated on the chairs, but this time they look more alert than before. The doctor is right in front of the door, and everybody is looking at him in anticipation."Oh good, you're here" the doctor said to me. He had a bitter smile on his face, and it made me worry. "Is it... good news?" I asked. The doctor shook his head "we have to wait for two more people" he said. "My name is doctor Killian, by the way" he said. The way he's smiling and trying to make the situation seem normal is so devastating.

Shortly after I arrived, Luke and Yuna went downstairs. "Yuna!" Cam said, looking relieved to see that she is fine. It took us by surprise when Cam ran to her and gave her a big hug, tears suddenly streaming down his face. Yuna did not even move, and her eyes softened and a tear fell down her cheek as Cam hugged her. I see Luke smiling softly at the sight, and he hugged both Cam and Yuna.

This is it. The beating of our hearts is so loud right now, and all of us can feel it. Right at this moment, everything seems to be in a cloud. We don't know how it got here, but we suddenly realize how much we really cherish each other. Even if it doesn't show as much as it should've. Eventually we all go in for the hug, even Tony who just met us today.

Doctor Killian looked at us with a worried expression, then took a deep breath "now that you're all here, I have news to tell you" he said. We all faced him, and I braced myself for what he is about to say. The tension in the room is thick. We all know that if it were good news the doctor wouldn't look this way. That made my heart beat even louder. The realization that something you never expected to happen is happening, and just the thought of losing Seth is... indescribable.

I unconsciously held Luke's arm, embracing it with mine. Luke held my hand tightly, and the doctor started speaking "the boy is... severely hurt" he continued, his expression grim "we are trying our very best, but after everything we've done..." we were all silent as we anticipated his next words " it seems like he only has a few more moments."

The doctors voice was shaky, and the temperature in the room seemed to become a million times colder. "NO! THAT CAN'T BE HAPPENING!" Yuna blurted, her voice loud and desperate. It made me feel even more emotional, as the reality sunk deeper into me. I feel Luke's hand's gripping mine tightly, and I couldn't help but cry even louder.

"YOU CALL YOURSELF A DOCTOR? SAVE MY BROTHER!" Yuna continued. Cam tried to stop Yuna from running towards doctor Killian, but Todd stepped in and held Yuna back with greater force. A lump formed in my throat when I saw Yuna look at Todd.

"YOU TOO! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU SETH WOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! ITS ALWAYS BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID ANTICS!" Yuna said as her arm escaped from Todd. Luke gave my hand a squeeze before letting go of it and running towards Yuna, already expecting her next move. Luke held her from behind, holding her back. Yuna seemed much less willing to fight with Luke, and eventually she is just breathing heavily and crying.

Her hands cover her eyes, and she eventually surrendered to the cold hospital floor, hands hugging her knees.

We all cried.

_______________

It's the author again, Sophia. I apologize for the very sad chapter :(. 

I wanted to say thank you for reading :D. Also, this chapter is shorter because I've read that it might be more effective for you (and my story's engagement ;)). If you prefer shorter chapters, you can let me know if you like :). 

Thank you again for reading. It means a lot, and I hope you have a great day! :D

(I also kind of love you for reading this far. I cannot say it enough, as weird as it sounds.)