Chapter 11

It was a usual day at school. During break time I sat with Nina as usual, and a couple of her friends. I've never been good at making friends, and I applaud those who can speak to each other without being skeptical, shy, or anxious around them. But I 'm happy with who I am and how my introversion keeps me away from the podium.

We were just eating and talking a little bit about the note yesterday. "How many of the notes do you think there are in the library?" Nina asked me. I told her "I don't know yet, maybe it's the only one" I continued "I did read other books in the library and I only found a note in one of the books." Nina thought for a moment, then said "what if its in a specific order? Or its from a specific pattern of bookcases?" her eyes sparkled as she said "Oh my gosh its so cool and interesting if that's actually the case!"

I smiled at her who is shining so brightly. "Maybe, but that is far- fetched. It really could just be a random person, or a written note from an author or something. After all, as you said the house is very old" I said. Nina nodded sadly, but her eyes are still so bright "I want to get to the bottom of this! I'll help you with what I can" she said. I smiled at her "thank you, I'm glad you're very interested in it. Your eyes are glimmering again" I said. Nina covered her cheeks "oh. Really?" she said. I nodded "Yes. And its great" I said.

I thought on how there are so many possibilities to the notes in the library. I was about to brush it off, but after what Luke said yesterday about intuition and how Nina is excited right now made me want to dig in further. It would sound like I'm walking around a room with my eyes closed, but I feel like they are very open. Even if it turnt out to be insignificant, its still extremely cool, right? What if the house belonged to a historically relevant person and me and Nina will get paid for discovering his notes? Now I'm thinking way too far...

But hey, it's a possibility right? For now, nobody can say that I'm completely wrong. I can imagine and fantasize all I want because it brings me happiness and excitement.

We were eating peacefully with pleasant chats until Sana and Cam approached me. Sana looked annoyed, like she didn't want to be there but Cam looked so worried. "Uhm, hi" I said. Cam spoke "we're here to tell you that Seth is gone!" he said. 

"What?" Nina said. 

"Please, he's not gone. He just decided to skip class again, its so common now" Sana said. 

"But Yuna said she had a bad feeling about it! And you know Seth hasn't been doing very well..." Cam said. The worry is apparent on his face, and I can't help but feel bad.

I also worry for Seth "he often skips school? Do you have any idea on where he might be?" I said. Sana rolled her eyes "I don't know. Buying ice cream? Going to a rice field? Climbing a mountain? The guy goes everywhere anytime he wants" she said. Cam said to his sister "why are you not worried at all!? Seth disappears sometimes but he didn't look very good this morning! What if something really happened?" That was the fiercest I've ever heard Cam speak. 

Sana responded "and you have always acted this worried, but he always came back fine. Honestly he'll probably arrive at home by 6 p.m. with his hair looking like a birds nest and a stupid satisfied smile on his face. It happens" she said. Cam looked very worried "we just wanted to tell you this" he said.

"it's quite worrying..." I said. Nina jumped in "But Sana's right. He disappears ever so often but always comes back safe" she said. I told her "but there's always the possibility he's not going to come back.." I said. Sana waved her hands goodbye "all this talk about Mr. Helmet is clouding my brain, he'll take care of himself. Adios" she said as she walked to her friends who are sitting on the other table.