Chapter 7

After that day with Luke randomly introducing me to psychology and Seth not greeting him when we pass, I wanted to avoid Seth but i realized that I set my standards pretty high for him. I mean, I don't despise Yuna because she doesn't wave at Luke, neither do I despise Sana because she calls Luke a know-it-all grandpa. Not that I don't care how people treat Luke, but I realized I haven't been treating everybody the same way. 

On another note, I have been going over to Nina's house more often to discuss all sorts of things. Including the house and Esther girl. 

Cam sometimes tag along to hang out with Carly. Its cute to see how they interact. Even though they're not much younger than me, I realize how different interactions are as a 14 year old and as a 17 year old. When I was 14 I thought I was old and mighty, but I guess there is really no end to how much you can grow. 

Surprisingly Luke haven't gotten a job, which is despairing because he was very optimistic that day he all of the sudden teach me about psychology.  These days he seems sadder than usual, smiling less but carrying on with his usual tasks. Ordering us around, buying us food, moral support, stopping fights... Luke does his things.

I haven't gotten to know Yuna, nor have I even talked to her properly. The only time we talked is when I needed to borrow a calculator. "Give it back to me after school" was the only thing she said in response, and it was with a cold and "whatever" expression. I've seen her sending glares to Sana and Seth when we are at school, sometimes she'd glare at me too. I don't know why she does this, and it's kind of scary because she has really sharp eyes. Yuna's always alone at school but nobody bothers her. I've heard stories from people around school of Yuna being incredibly strong, and being incredible during PE class. So.... that's probably why. 

On some days she'd go home angry, then lock herself in her room. Other days she seems completely fine. Luke have tried reaching out to her but then again, it isn't the first time and she doesn't respond.

Honestly I just don't want to care about Yuna. She gives me that vibe, almost like an order to not bother her.

Today Carly is going home with us. Seth stays at school for a project, so now there's three of us in the backseat, with Cam in the middle because Carly wants it that way. Yuna is driving this time. "Hahaha! I just love making you uncomfortable!" Carly said, laughing almost sinisterly. Cam blushed "w-w-why!!? There's nothing wrong with the middle seat!" he said. Carly punched his shoulder playfully "AW REALLY THOUGH? You can't lean on anyone, and you will get SQUISHED!" she said with a huge smile on her face as she leaned to Cam a little too much. Cam, on the other hand, is blushing like crazy.

Sana who is sitting on the front seat looked at me and gestured me to come closer. She whispered "isn't it so cute?" she said. I smiled then said "really cute." As Carly tease Cam and Cam creates comebacks which lay rather flatly, Yuna is focused on the road with eyes that seem to stare so deep. Sana is listening to music, and I looked at the view as usual. It's certainly different without Seth. Yuna didn't say anything throughout the ride, even when Cam and Carly are so loud.

"LIBRARY!! CAM I WANT TO GO TO THE LIBRARY!" Carly said when we arrived. Cam looked at Carly then said "I still have to p-put my bag in the room.." 

Carly replied cheerfully "OK! I'll go first then!" she said. 

Cam looked at Carly as she skipped to the library. Sana and I exchange looks, and Cam immediately looked at us. 

"My! Your cheeks are red, baby brother" Sana said, squinting as she reached to squish Cam's cheeks. 

Cam immediately looked away so Sana won't be able to squish his cheeks "I'm not a kid anymore! But Carly.." he paused, and we anticipated his statement. Cam shook his head "No! She can't like me!" he said.