Chapter 17

I've planned to search the library again to look for more notes, now that I know Mikaela is Esther, well, unless a person is playing a cruel joke on us. It's all that I have been thinking about day and night. I couldn't get it out of my head, and suddenly felt hopeful again about everything.

But I will do that tonight. Right now, I am waiting for Cam to finish his grooming for meeting Carly.

"Are you ready?" I sighed for the last time, leaning on his bedroom door and waiting for him to come out. Cam took way too long to choose his clothes, which gives me enough time to contemplate everything that is going on around me. We are all still saddened by Seth, how can we not be?

I've told Cam that Carly will be coming today, and I even told him that she really worries for him. I know Carly wouldn't like the fact that I told him, but I did what I can to make Cam able to talk with his good friend again. I did not even know that Cam have been neglecting Carly, and it made me really sad to know that.

"Okay... I'm ready" I hear Cam say through the door. I stepped back, and took a look at my cousin.

Now that he's right in front of me, I saw that he put a lot of effort into how he looked. His hair was neatly swept and his clothes looked fancy and formal.

"What are you planning? You look extremely fancy" I said. Cam have been silent and visibly nervous, but I understand why.

"I don't want you to say that!! Argh..." Cam exclaimed.

"I'm saying you look great" I said. Cam smiled "I don't want to look like I put in too much effort or anything", he scratched the back of his head "but there's no turning back now! I'll have to do it!" We started walking down the stairs to the front door together.

"Are you giving yourself a pep talk?" I said. "Yes!" Cam answered immediately. "Affirmative" I said. I looked at Cam who has pink cheeks and is breathing heavily. 

"But are you planning something?" I asked Cam, just to make sure. Cam looked troubled, and there was a pause "yes... and no" he said. I tilted my head "what do you mean?" I asked.

"I just want to tell Carly that I like her, that's all" Cam said. "How sweet of you" I said. I didn't mean to turn Cam into a blushing mess, but I did. "Arghh!! What if she doesn't feel the same way though?" Cam said. 

I feel like any sort of effort I give Cam to increase his confidence won't work right now. 

When we arrived to the front door, it was suddenly opened by Sana and her group of friends, who all look like models you see on magazines. I know all of their names, but seeing them wearing casual clothes instead of the uniform makes me feel a bit intimidated. They looked so fashionable.

"Oh, hello~" Sana said when she opened the door to see Cam. I can see Cam's shoulders tense up when he saw them. What a situation...

Sana's friend with red hair, Pia said "Oh hi!" she smiled at both of us, but her eyes lingered on Cam. Another girl with dyed blue hair, named Diana said "Cameron, where are you going looking so fancy?"

Oh no, but oh yes.

"Hi" I said. Sana's friends are giggling at Cam. Before Cam can say anything, Sana's friend Gina said "Ehem... Are you going to go on a date?" she teased in a sing - song voice.

Sana chuckled "oh come on guys. Let's do something else than torture my brother" she said, walking into the house. She stopped by Cam to touch his shoulder, then said something unintelligible from my distance.