Chapter 21

I have turned into Yuna.

Literally staying in my room and not eating, not even feeling like getting up from the bed. I'm suddenly uninterested in every single thing I used to love. I know that people in the house are there for me, and I shouldn't shut them out. But I feel gloomy everywhere I go. I can't even get out of bed as the negative thoughts couldn't stop running in my head.

Suddenly it's like my entire world have crumbled. And all that's left is this black hole that'll eventually eat me up.

"Faye!?" I hear Cam through the door "Faye.... Are you sleeping?" he asked. I muffled my breaths and tears to the pillow.

"We just brought a lot of Chinese food. If you can come down that would be great" Cam said. "I-it's different without you."

Somehow Cam's words did nothing to me at all.

_______

"Faye~" It's Sana's voice. "Hey, you've been there for a day. I know you smuggle a lot of snacks so you are still alive right now, but you need the sun" she said. "We are more than happy to listen to you. We can get closer and you'll feel a lot better afterwards..."

I stayed silent. I know she's right, but Mikaela did all that to me in such a short moment. I never felt so crappy all my life.

"Just get out already, you lazy ass. Luke is worried like crazy" she said.

I heard a sigh through the door. I thought that I would laugh because Sana knows exactly what to say to make me move my "lazy ass." But nothing. Nothing came out.

_______

The second day. I feel as lifeless as ever.

"Faye, it's Yuna." She sounded sad "The reason why only Cam and Sana checked up on you yesterday is because Luke thought you might need some space" I heard a small chuckle "so much of that when it was my turn."

Gahhhh....

"I'm really bad at this but..." Yuna was silent for a while "Mikaela wouldn't want to see you be gloomy, right?" she said.

Ouch. Mikaela might. Who even is Mikaela? Turns out I've never known her.

"Just remember that I have good intentions right now" Yuna said "I really liked spending time with you. You have no idea how much you made me realize that staying down is wasting my life when I don't have to."

"I hope you cheer up soon. Don't forget we are here to listen to you"

_______

"Faye, it's Nina" I haven't heard her voice in some time. "You didn't check your phone so I was worried that something bad happened."

"I hope we can hang out again soon" she said, with a somewhat cheerful tone.

We should hang out but it'll only remind me of Mikaela.

"You really made me smile. Not only because of the library notes, but because you are very supportive and kind to me" she said "And... our friends at school are worried about you too. Carly protested to come today but I didn't want her to break your door" she chuckled.

Where did my sense of humor go?

"I've never had somebody who gave me the opportunity to be investigative" Nina said "... And with your help I've gathered the courage to convince my parents again." She sounded excited "This time they said they'll have to consider it" she continued "that is the closest they've ever been to letting me take a law major."