Chapter 18

That night I was able to sleep pretty soundly, because of how late it is and how exhausted I am. Before I fell asleep however, I kept on thinking about Yuna. When I left the library it was apparently reaching 1 a.m. If we argued just an hour earlier, Luke would've been awake and did something to stop it. For some reasons, I was glad that he isn't.

It really took me by surprise when the next day, Yuna went out of her room. She looked as bad as when we met in the library yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise however, and it took me by even more surprise when she approached me in the morning.

"Hey, I'm sorry for yesterday" Yuna said. She was taking some snacks and putting it in an empty container. My mouth hung open and I was extremely surprised. Pleasantly so.

"i-it's okay. I'm sorry for being insensitive" I said. Yuna said "yeah, you were annoying." It was kind of refreshing to have somebody say that so straightforwardly. I couldn't help but smile. "How weird of you" Yuna said, when she was the smile. After that she said "Anyway, since you have somebody you care about, I think it's best if you find that person again."

Hearing that from her made me feel fired up all of the sudden. "Thank you" I said returning the smile she gave me. Yuna. Then I remembered "good luck on your test today." Yuna smiled, then took her snacks I'll get going now" she said, walking towards her room.

The atmosphere started feeling brighter than usual. Cam looks much better, and Sana looks satisfied at that. Yuna have been skipping school but she comes on days where there is an important test. Even so she usually goes home right after taking the test. But today she stayed the entire day, and it really made me feel so much better.

It was reaching afternoon

"Do you want to accompany me and Cam to the park?" Sana walked in my room and asked me. I raised my eyebrows "the park?" I said. Sana rolled her eyes, but smiled "I know I usually go to malls but today is a different day, coal head. Cam wants to go to the park today so let's go!" she said.

I nodded "okay" I stood up "by the way, I have nothing against going to malls" I said. Sana said sharply "of course you don't. Who does? I get to try almost everything on in the clothing section for free" she flipped her wavy brown hair. "Makes good pictures, even if I don't buy it" she smiled. 

"Wait, what about Yuna?" I asked. Sana didn't roll her eyes at the mention of her name "right... good that you remember her" she chuckled slightly towards the end of her sentence. "You forgot her?" I asked. Sana smiled "well what can I say? I didn't see her for like 2 weeks straight" she said. "You're kind of bad" I said. "Yeah! Kind of bad, whatever" she said "let's invite her."

"Yuna?" I knocked on her door with Sana beside me. Shortly after, the door swung open to reveal a very messy haired Yuna "what?" she said, her voice sounding tired. 

We told her our plan to go to the park, and she followed. Cam is already waiting by the front door, and looked elated when he saw Yuna. 

I looked at the faces around me. We looked happier than before. Cam is smiling, Sana has her attitude back, and Yuna said yes to going out together. I feel like the bond we have is getting stronger. I smiled as I thought on how lucky I was to actually feel comfortable around them. It never came to my realization before, but now I see that they are family to me. 

__________

"Hey! Watch it!" Cam said, very gracefully avoiding the Frisbee Sana threw to him instead of catching it. Me and Yuna are sitting on the grass, looking at the two playing with each other. It was silent between me and Yuna, but being able to go out like this feels great enough as it is. The surroundings are so lively, and unlike before, I don't feel envious when I look at families having fun. Instead I feel like I fit in.