Chapter 12

It was after school, and me, Cam and Sana have gathered to the nearest bus station because we don't have a car to drive us. Yuna and Seth are not at school, after all...

"Have any of you heard from Tony?" Sana said, arriving the latest to the bus station out of all of us. I shook my head, and Cam said with worried eyes "I'm starting to get really worried..."

"What if we try to contact Yuna again?" I said, trying to stay calm so Cam will feel the same. Sana said "it didn't work... She didn't pick up her phone or reply to my texts." Sana actually looks genuinely worried, and I feel the need to comfort her "we must stay calm. Just as Luke said" I said. But it was useless, because all of us know this isn't normal. What's the point in attempting to be calm and act like it isn't a big deal when we know its probably not going to be fine? Sure we have to look at the bright side, but when the circumstance is this dire, do we have a choice?

Right at that moment of silence, Cam's phone rang. He immediately picked it up, and we looked at him with anticipation. "Is it Tony?" Sana said, her tone excited. Cam said "its Tony!!" I was extremely worried on top of being relieved, then huddled with Cam and Sana as the phone is put on speaker. 

"Hello?" Cam said

"Hey kid, I have some news to tell you" Tony said. He took a deep breath, creating a lump in my throat.

"Tell us" Sana said, placing a hand on Cam's stiff shoulder.

Tony took a deep breath "I'm... really sorry" he said.

We all stiffened.

"We saw two teenagers who matches your description and pictures. They were playing very dangerously with their motorcycles, doing all sort of tricks and all of the sudden..." Tony stopped. Then he said "I tried to stop them but they didn't hear me... And one of them who was in the air did this trick where he lifted his hand from the motorcycle. And he fell down and..."

The tension was so thick in the air, and my heart is beating so rapidly. There was this sick feeling in my stomach and the words Tony said couldn't come to me as reality. None of us spoke, but I think we all know what was coming.

"The boy's motorcycle fell on him. He fell from the air, and the motorcycle landed on him hard" Tony said "the other boy Todd tried to keep the motorcycle from hitting him but it all just happened in a split of a second. The boy with the black hair is quite severely injured, and he's in the hospital with me, Todd, and the girl from the car, Yuna" he continued "I'm so, so sorry we didn't found them earlier."

Yuna is fine, but other than that, I couldn't believe anything that Tony have said. I just want to convince myself that this is a bad dream. But It hurts, the pain in my stomach, the beating of my heart, the air surrounding me at this moment is all real. 

"Where.. Where is the hospital?" Sana said, for the first time she didn't speak clearly and confidently as she always does. Tony replied "Glowing Heart Hospital, Nixen Street" he said "we are in floor 4 room 43."

Sana said "we'll be there. Thank you Tony." Tony took his time to reply "get here as fast as you can. I'll screenshot you the map." With that, the phone call ended. I couldn't think straight at all. We must all know what we're all thinking about right now. A motorcycle falling on a person, who just fell from a high height... There's a chance its an incredibly severe injury.

I see Cam and saw that he's crying, but trying to hide it. I couldn't help myself from seeing Cam cry. I wanted to act strong so I can be a source of strength to him, but I cannot hold my own tears back. Then I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and I walked towards Cam to give him a hug. Cam hugged me tighter and sobbed onto my shoulder. I feel Sana's hand softly massaging my shoulder, and saw that she is doing the same thing to Cam. "Will he.. Will Seth be okay?" Cam said. Sana shook her head, but then she said "only time will tell."