Chapter 19

"No..." Luke mumbled. We just made him listen to the audio tape. Seeing from his expression, he looks quite surprised. "Can you believe!?" Cam shrieked. Luke took his time, but then nodded "yes. I can, actually" he said.

"You expected it?!" Cam said. "Yes... well it was one of the possibilities in my head" Luke said. This whole time, Sana doesn't look surprised or concerned at all, and Yuna looked angry. "I wasn't surprised either" I said.

Luke looked at me, then said "I guess you must've known." I shook my head "no, this was just the most convincing theory" I said "but it's still a surprise to actually hear it being said."

"Well... what do we do?" Yuna said. She looked melancholic, and like she needed a hug. Even I can tell that she feels sad about this. "Nothing" Sana said.

"What?" I blurted out. What does she mean 'nothing'? "We just discovered something big" I said.

"It has always been like this. I don't want to jump in and try to make things better. It never works" Sana said.

We were silent at that, because there is truth to it. "This is not only concerning our family. If they are planning to do something this dangerous then it'll damage hundreds" Luke said "we can't let that happen."

"There shouldn't be a debate to this" Yuna said, eyes looking at anywhere but us. 

The night ended after further discussions. There is no knowing what date our parents are going to take action after their plan, so we decided to stay alert at all times. Sana said before she left my room "it's so unimportant" she sighed, hands raising up in a quick motion. Cam said "it is very important!" Sana shrugged her shoulders "we'll see."

it was very vague and strange for Sana to not feel like we just discovered a precious gem. Luke didn't seem to mind too much though, and once everybody is out of the room he said to me "are you okay?"

I still feel fluttery when I am around him. Like the butterflies are going to slowly rise up to my throat if he is here any longer....

"Are you?" I asked. Luke shook his head "no. But it'll always be fine in the end right?" he said. "Death sounds fine right now" I shrugged.

I just realized how pessimistic I've made this conversation become. "Sorry, I mean..." I said. Luke is giggling, and the smile made me feel a million times warmer. "I'm just weird when I'm tired" I said, as if it was convincing at all.

"You're funny, you know that?" Luke said. I chuckled to feel calmer, even though it seemed almost impossible right now. "I just hope you can rest well tonight. I don't want you to feel so overwhelmed to the point that you couldn't sleep" Luke said.

I put a strand of hair behind my ears "I'll be fine" I said. There's something else in my mind but I'm not going to go there.

Anyway, he is so calm. Surely he doesn't return the feelings he has for me.

"If that is so... then goodnight" Luke said, taking a step out of my room. I watched him attentively, but also keeping in mind to not look creepy. I so desperately want to know the outcome if I said "I won't be fine."

I had a very thoughtful and restless night. 

____________

"Do you want eggs?" Yuna asked me. She is making breakfast for herself, and I just happened to arrive at the kitchen at the same time. "Sure" I said.

In these calm moments, I want to take in everything that feels normal and keep it in my veins. The smell of the eggs and how the trees sway from side to side by the wind, along with the sounds of crickets chirping always remind me that nature is a remedy.