s i x

I quickly walk down the hallway to Ms. Grant's office with her salad in my hand. 

"Here you go, Ms. Grant," I say and place it on the side table. 

From the corner of my eye I can see both Ryder and Jake staring at me and whispering, I know I shouldn't, but I use my hearing to listen to their conversation. 

Jake: I'm telling you, she looks familiar. 

Ryder: I know, I just don't know why I've seen her before. 

Jake: Maybe she was from Lima as well, you never know.

Ryder: Should we ask, there's nothing wrong with that. 

Jake: Okay, but you're going to do it, I mean she does work for your mom. 

Ryder: This is the first time you're chickening out when it comes to girls, I can't believe you. 

I smile at what Ryder says but don't look their way. It's true, Jake is usually the one who hits on every girl he crosses and I was stupid enough to fall for him. 

But now, I have Mon-El and he's all I need. 

I look at the time once more, Mon-El should be here soon. 

Just as I walk out, I see Mon-El walking towards me. 

The gang is near me, watching me and then looking at Mon-El with confusion. 

Before Mon-El could say anything, Ms. Grant came out once again. "Alright, Kerah, I'm leaving, Jame is in charge and you are in charge of my son and his friends. Who are you?" She says looking at Mon-El. 

"Um, Ms. Grant, this is my boyfriend, Mike," I say. 

"Kerah Danvers has a boyfriend? How is that even possible?" she says looking at me with wide eyes. 

"Um, well, he's... we actually met a few months ago. Supergirl introduced him to me," I say. It was the first thing I could think of. 

"Wait, you know Supergirl?" Jake comes up. 

Cat looks at him with her hands on her hips. 

"Not personally, she's friends with my friend, James," I say. 

Mon-El just stands beside me. 

"Hmm, I remember you," Cat says looking at Mon-El. "Ryder's friends and Ryder be gone, Kerah and Mike, stay," she says. 

They hesitantly leave and wait in the corner, watching intently. 

"So, Mike, your parents invaded us a few months ago, right? Supergirl came to me for advice on what she should do to save your life when you were on that ship because she was saving you for someone who loved you. My guess is you, Kerah."

I just look down. The memories of me almost losing Mon-El makes me sick to the stomach. 

"Ms. Grant..."

"No, you, what is your name?" She asks Mon-El. 

He doesn't say anything. He looks at me and I just nod. I can trust Ms. Grant. 

"Mon-El. My name is Mon-El. I am the former price of Daxam," he says. 

"Well, now that we have the pleasantries out of the way, you, Mon-El, you had better take care of Kara. She may have broken my son's heart but I can see how much she loves you," she says to Mon-El. 

My cheeks turn crimson red and I look down at my feet, smiling. 

"Yes, ma'am," Mon-El says and smiles. 

"Thank you, Ms. Grant," I say and smile. 

"Now, I have to leave. Please take care of my son and I hope you don't break his heart either. I know he looks like Adam but he isn't," she says and walks out. 

"Well, that was," I start. 

"Wierd," Mon-El finishes. 

"Yeah. I'm glad she knows, she is more than a mentor to me, you know," I say. 

"Yeah, she mentioned it," he winks and laughs. 

I punch him in the stomach and he groans loudly, "you didn't have to do that," he says. 

"Yeah, I think I did." We both laugh and walk out of Ms. Grant's office to face Ryder and the rest of the Glee club.