t w e n t y - f i v e

"I forgot a few things at Catco, plus I have to see Ms. Grant about this whole Adam situation. I have to tell her what he did. I don't care if she'll fire me," I say to Mon-El while eating breakfast in the kitchen. 

"Are you sure you want to risk losing your job, Kara?"

"What he said to you wasn't right and Cat deserves to know what he did," I say. 

"Okay, thank you," he says and kisses my cheek.

"I better go," I say and run out the door. 

I get to Catco soon enough and take the elevator upstairs. 

I see the gang on the balcony, Adam with them. They all turn around to face me. Instead of doing anything, I walk straight into Ms. Grant's office. "Ms. Grant?"

"Kerah? I thought I told you to have the week off?"

"Don't worry, I didn't come here to work, I just needed to talk to you, not work-related," I say. 

"Okay," she says in an uncertain tone. 

"There's no easy way for me to say this but could you please talk to your son, Adam? He's been following me and yesterday he came to my apartment," I start. 

"How does Adam know where you live?" I hope Ms. Grant isn't thinking what I think she's thinking. 

"No, Ms. Grant, it's not like that, Adam and Ryder used the Catco employee's list to find out where I live," I say. 

"Mhm," Ms. Grant says while looking at me. 

"Adam said some things to Mike- Mon-El that were really hurtful and I just wanted to tell you because you deserve to know," I say bluntly. 

"What exactly did he say to Mon-El?"

Ryder: What is Kara doing here? I thought mom didn't want her to come in for a week?

Adam: Come on, let's go see what's going on but don't make it too obvious. 

"He said that Mon-El doesn't deserve to be with someone like me and it hurt both me and Mon-El. You know what Mon-El's been through, Ms. Grant, don't you? I know Adam is your son and me coming to you, complaining isn't the right thing, but I don't have anyone to talk to about this," I say and it's true. I always go to Ms. Grant when I need advice. 

"You're right, Kerah, I do know what Mon-El's been through and he doesn't deserve that. I'll talk to Adam," she says. 

"Thank you, Ms. Grant," I say with a small smile. 

"And I'll make sure Ryder doesn't follow you around anymore either," she says. 

"Actually, Ms. Grant, Ryder and I sorted out our problems. He just wanted to know about his friend, Marley which is why he kept on interrogating me and I don't blame him, I would've done the same thing," I say. 

"Well, then, you better go enjoy the rest of the week, Kerah, you know, up up and away," she says with a smile. 

I just look at her, "Um, Ms. Grant, what are you talking about?"

"Let's just cut to the chase, Kerah, I almost fired you once for this reason, but I've grown to like you so I won't fire you, I know you have other priorities, you know, saving the day, so go, enjoy saving the day for the rest of the week and be back here on Monday with my latte," she says in a serious tone. 

I nod my head vigorously and leave her office. 

I hear footsteps behind me. "Kara," Adam calls. 

"What?" I turn around. I see Ryder's gang behind him. I don't care if they hear us. I don't care is Ms. Grant hear's us. 

"Why did you come see my mom?" He asks. 

"Why do you think? Didn't you hear everything? I'm not stupid, Adam, I can see you through a glass door. Have fun talking to your mother because I know she has a lot to say to you," I look at him in the eye with my death glare and walk away. 

"Wait. You told my mom about last night?"

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Why would you do that?"

"It's none of your business, now get out of my way before I make you get out of my way," I say. 

"No," he says. 

"Adam!" I hear Ms. Grant yell from her room. 

I turn around and give him a smile. "Have fun," I say and leave.