t h i r t e e n

"Kara, do you know when my mom's coming back?" Ryder asks. 

"Yeah, tomorrow," I say while looking at the calendar on my computer. "She's scheduled out all of tomorrow so she can spend it with you," I add. He smiles and nods. I look at the time, "Mike should be here soon, will you guys be okay spending time here, I'll be back after lunch."

"Actually, we're going for lunch as well," Artie says. 

"Do you guys want any recommendations? I can get you reservations at any of the restaurants," I say. 

"No, that's fine. We'll just be walking around and stop somewhere on the way," Jake butts in. 

"Okay, great, well have fun," I say and pack up my desk and leave with my purse. 

I find Mon-El waiting outside Catco. "Ready?" I ask. 

"Yeah, let's go," he says and ushers me in the right direction. 

"I know this is probably not the right time to ask this question, but do you ever miss your parents?"

He thinks for some time, "to be honest, no. My mother was a lunatic trying to take over this city by killing innocent people. I could never miss a person like that. She killed her husband, my dad," he says. 

"Yeah. Sorry, I just wanted to know," I say. 

"I understand," he says and kisses my forehead. 

Jake: His mother killed his father?

Artie: They might hear us, just keep following them. 

"I just realized something," Mon-El says. "Remember how you had to set off that lead bomb? You gave me your necklace because you were going to send me away, well, since I'm still here," he smiles, "you should have it back. It's the only thing you have left of your mother," he says while moving his hands around his neck. 

"No. No, I want you to wear it. If I ever need it back, I'll let you know but I want you to keep it," I say and kiss him. 

Jake: She reminds me so much of Marley.

Ryder: Yeah.