t h i r t y - o n e

Adam: Ryder, I'm telling you, when I went to punch that Barry guy, Kara stepped between us and I punched her instead. My hand was throbbing, look for yourself. 

Ryder: So, you're saying that punching Kara caused your hand to bruise up like a tomato?

Adam: Yes!

Ryder: Okay, Adam, whatever you say. 

Adam: I'm being honest, she's hiding something and I need you to help me figure it out. Nobody's stomach is made of steel.

Ryder: Why should I help you? All you've been doing since you got here is stalking your ex-girlfriend and using the stupidest methods to win her back. I'm good, thanks. 

Adam: Fine, if you're not willing to help, I'll find someone who is. 

"I'm going back to work today," I say to Barry. "You want to come with me? I can give you an official tour of Catco and maybe after we can stop by L-Corp."

"Okay, sounds good. What is L-Corp?" He looks at me. 

"Oh, right. L-Corp is owned by Lena Luthor."

"Wait, you mean the person who your cousin put in jail?"

"No, no, that was Lex Luthor, Lena's brother. Lena is nothing like him or her mother, I promise. Sometimes it's hard to believe that she was raised by them," I say under my breath. 

"What  do you mean?"

"Lena was adopted," I say. 

"Oh, okay. Well, are you ready to go?"

"I hope so. Ryder and his friends are probably still there though, and maybe even Adam, so we should steer clear of him as much as possible," I say. 

"Yeah, I think that's best."

Barry and I leave the bar after saying bye to our friends. 

"You know, I'm really lucky to have friends like you, by that I mean friends who know what it's like to be a hero and hide your identity," I say softly. 

"Yeah, I know what you mean. But it's easier for me, I guess, cause I have an actual mask, you only have glasses to hide your true self," he laughs. "It's hard to believe people don't know you're Supergirl, cause the glasses don't help."

I chuckle, "it's weird that you say that because Alex tells me the same thing."

Jake: Hey, Adam, what's up?

Adam: I need your help. 

Jake: Sure, with what?

Adam: I want to follow Kara, there's something off about her and I have to know what it is. 

Jake: To be honest, I don't feel like stalking someone who looks a lot like my ex-girlfriend. 

Adam: You dated someone who looks like Kara?

Jake: Yeah. Her name's Marley but according to Kara, she died. That's the reason we actually came here, to see Kara because of their resemblance. 

Adam: Huh. 

Jake: but, you're right, it does look like she has a lot on her plate. Maybe she's not even being honest about Marley? What i she's lying?

Adam: It looks like we both need information from her. And it's not like she's going to tell us so we'll have to follow her everywhere she goes and figure out what it is that she's hiding from all of us. 

Jake: Okay, fine. I'm in. Where do we start?

Adam: Catco. Kara's going back to work today, that's what Ryder told me. 

Jake: Okay, let's go.