t w e n t y - s i x

I come home from Catco after my talk with Ms. Grant since I have nowhere else to go. I open the door and see Caitlin and Barry sitting on my couch. 

"Um, how did you guys get in here?" I ask as I walk towards them. 

"Mon-El let us in and then left to go to the bar for work," Caitlin fills me in. 

"Ah," I say and plop down next to her. 

"So, how are you guys liking it here?"

"It's so different from our place. It's hard to explain but I really like it here," Caitlin says. 

We become silent when the lady on the news starts to speak. "A cat is stranded on a tree and is unwilling to climb down, the police are on their way now."

I look at Caitlin and see her eyes turn blue. "Caitlin?"

"Uh oh, she's turning into Killer Frost," Barry says. "Why did the news have to say that?"

Caitlin says, "Kara, you better get down there now before I go full-on Killer Frost," she says shutting her eyes tightly. 

I don't say anything, I open the window and fly to National City Park. I quickly make it to the tree where the cat is and gently lift it off of the branch and put it in the little girl's hand. "Thanks, Supergirl!" She squeals with both happiness and excitement. I give her a smile before taking a detour home via Catco. Before I go to Catco, I quickly stop by to get Ms. Grant her latte. 

Before I enter Ms. Grant's office, I use my vision to make sure Adam isn't in her office. Luckily, he's on the other end with Ryder and the rest of the gang. 

"Ms. Grant," I say as I fly into her office. 

"Supergirl? Your visits here have certainly increased."

"Yeah," I say. 

"What else can I do for you?" She asks with a smile. 

"Um, well, I got you your latte, just like you asked," I say with a small smile. I guess Ms. Grant knows the one secret I have kept from her for the past three years. 

"Hm, well, I did ask for it on Monday but then again you're always full of surprises," she smiles back and takes a sip. "I talked to Adam," she says. 

"Oh, you did. Thank you, Ms. Grant," I say. 

"He won't bother you anymore, hopefully," she says. 

"Mom?" Ryder comes into her office. "Supergirl? What are you doing here?"

"I was in the area so I just dropped off Ms. Grant's latte."

"Mom, why are you asking Supergirl to do your work, don't you have Kara to do that for you?"

"Actually, Kara asked me to since she isn't coming to work this week."

Ms. Grant nods her head, "Ryder, be nice to Supergirl, she saved your life, and Adam's."

I stiffen up when she mentions Adam. That's when I notice Adam walking towards the office. "Ms. Grant, I better get going," I say and quickly leave the same way I came in. 

Adam: Why did she leave? I didn't have a chance to thank her for saving my life. 

Ms. Grant: Don't expect her to talk to you. 

Adam: What does that mean?

Ms. Grant: Let's just say, Kerah might have told Supergirl what you did. 

Adam: All Kara does is blab to the whole world, she has no self-control. 

Ms. Grant: Watch yourself, Adam. You may be my son but that gives you no right to talk like that. 

Adam: I just want Kara, I didn't do anything wrong. She doesn't deserve to be with Mike!

Ms. Grant: We are not going to have the same conversation again, Adam. Ryder, leave. Adam, listen to yourself speak. I must say, Kerah was right when she told me about what you did. I didn't want to believe her, Adam, but she was right. 

Adam: I'm just going to go.