t w e n t y - f o u r

Adam: Mom? Are you like besties with Supergirl?

Ms. Grant: She's my friend, you could say. Why?

Adam: Supergirl always seems to come to you when she has a problem, why?

Ms. Grant: I know you and Ryder were listening so you should already know the answer to that.

Adam: But I don't. And is Supergirl friends with Kara?

Ms. Grant: Why do you always have to bring up Kerah?

Adam: Her name is Kara.

Ms. Grant: Supergirl has a friend who just so happens to Kerah's friend as well. 

Ryder: Have you ever seen Kara and Supergirl in the same room before?

Ms. Grant: Yes, right here in my office, in fact. 

Adam: It's also that Kara looks like Supergirl in some ways, don't you think?

Ms. Grant: Yes, I know, that's why they were both in here. I fired Kerah because I thought she was Supergirl but then hired her again when I saw them together and now when I come to think of it, they look nothing alike. 

Adam: You fired Kara because you thought she was Supergirl? And did you know that Kara has a boyfriend?

Ms. Grant: You ask too many questions, both of you. Leave so I can work. We'll talk over dinner tonight.

"Mon-El, what are you doing?" I walk over to the stove where he's cooking. 

"I'm making us- trying to make us a romantic meal. It's almost ready," he says. 

Ding Dong. 

"I'll get it," I say and open the door. 

"Ryder?" I say, startled. "Adam?"

"Hey," Adam starts, "Can we come in for a sec?"

"Um, sorry but, no. What are you guys doing here and how did you find out where I live?"

"We searched it up on the Catco computer," Ryder says.

"You guys can't do this, okay? You can't just show up at my door and expect me to let you in," I say. The door is closed halfway so they can't see Mon-El. 

"Please, it's really important," Ryder says. 

"Talk out here then," I say and cross my arms over my chest. 

"Okay, we just wanted to say sorry. We shouldn't have meddled in your business and-"

"Kara!" Barry shouts from down the hall. His footsteps get closer. 

"Kara, do you have-" Barry starts but pauses when he sees Ryder and Adam. "Sorry, am I interrupting anything?"

"Actually, yes," Adam says while staring at Barry. 

"No, Barry, you aren't, come in, I'll just be a minute." I open the door enough to let Barry in and then close back to the way it was. "You were saying?"

"We shouldn't have done what we did, we're really sorry," Ryder finishes. "Also, sorry for bringing up Marley again and again, we didn't know," he says, speaking for the entire glee club, who aren't here. 

"It's okay, I understand why you were so worried about Marley. What about you, Adam, do you have anything you'd like to say?"

"Look, I know you have a boyfriend but he doesn't have to know," he says with hope. 

"Actually, he does know," Mon-El says while walking to the door. 

"You're Mike?" Adam looks at him. 

"Yes, and?" Mon-El questions back. 

"And you think you can make Kara happy? She deserves so much better than you," Adam says. Mon-El looks down at his shoes. 

"You know what? That's it! How could you say something like that to him when you don't even know him! You have no idea what he's been through in the last few years so you have no right to say those things. What happened to you, Adam? You used to be so sweet and caring, and now look at yourself," I practically scream. 

"I was a better person when I was with you," Adam defended. 

"Well, don't think of coming back here, you have no idea what I could do to you. You're lucky you're Ms. Grant's son," I say and slam the door in his face. 

Mon-El just stands there. "Hey, don't listen to a word he said, okay? I love you, Mon-El," I say and kiss him. I don't care if Barry is watching. 

"But he's right, Kara, you do deserve better than me. I lied to you about who I was for months and I just-"

"No, it's okay, Mon-El. I understand why you did, you know that, don't ever let what people like Adam say and take it personally. He doesn't know you. He's never even met you. Plus, I wasn't joking when I told him what I could do to him, you know that," I say with a small smile. 

"I know," Mon-El finally smiles and kisses me on the lips. I giggle and both of us turn around to face Barry. 

"Barry, sorry you had to hear all of that, what did you need?"

"Oh, right. Do you have any donuts?" Barry asks while stuffing his face with the food Mon-El made for him and me. All I can do is laugh. 

"Hey! You ate my masterpiece, I made that for Kara," Mon-El says with a fake pout. 

"Oops, sorry," Barry says but doesn't stop eating. I guess he's right, he needs a lot of food to last him a day, ten thousand calories was it?