Chapter Four

I awaken in my bed and wondered how I got there. "Bryson! Are you here I need a ride!" I whined falling out of my bed. I groaned. A knock was heard at my door and I groaned come in.

"Why are you on the floor?" Mr. Jones asked. I was instantly picked up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I ran into my bathroom and looked at my appearance. I looked a hot mess. "Mr. Jones I need my coffee!" I yelled. I haven't had any. I got cleaned up and brushed my hair and teeth. I slipped my robe on.

"Here drink this." He said handing me a drink.

"Is it coffee?" I asked.

"No of course not." He said and pushed the drink at me. I grabbed it and took a sniff.

"Ugh tea." I said and took a sip. I set it down. "I want coffee now! How can I work if I can't start my day off with it. I've been tired and I won't last for long. I'm a mess!" I was really upset. I went into my closet.

"Wear comfortable clothes. It doesn't matter." He said ignoring me begging for coffee. "Your being dramatic."

"No I'm not! You can drink it. Just one cup. That's all I ask. Please one cup a day." I begged.

"It's not healthy." He frowned at me. I grabbed a t-shirt with a pair of my favorite jeans. I smiled at my choice. "Hurry up. No wonder your always late. You never prepare for the next day."

"Yes I do. Always did when I ran on my cup of joe. Now that I have been deprived of my love and joy I can't function." I said entering my bathroom to change. I put my hair in a messy bun and slipped my glasses on. I walked out and grabbed a pair of silky socks and put my converse on.

"Hurry up. Your breakfast is waiting for you in the car." He said.

"I'm not hungry. I'm not a breakfast person." I said but he ignored it. He grabbed my tea and handed it to me and I frowned. We got in the car and he drove us to work. I didn't want to open the to go box just yet. We got to work and I sat in the chair across from him starting to file.

"Eat first. I can handle the files." He said.

"It's my job." I frowned.

"Eat." I grabbed the box and opened it. It consisted of cheesy grits, tons of bacon, eggs, and toast. I looked up at him and he was too busy working on a case. I started eating the food. I munched happily on the bacon. After I ate a good amount I got up excusing myself. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I got stopped my a coworker and we talked for a good minute catching up.

"So after work we planned on going out for drinks. You should come." She offered.

"I'm sorry I would love to. Doctor prohibited me from drinks and caffeine. Said I need to use a proper diet." I said and she nodded in understanding. We said our byes and I walked back into Mr. Jones office.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I was talking to a coworker. She asked if I wanted to go with the girls for a drink after work. Before you get bossy I declined." I said and the files I was going to file were gone. He filed them. "Those were mine to file. I want to work too you know." I frowned at him.

"I was already up so I thought I would help you." He said. "Why don't you rest on the couch."

"I want to work. Anything you need?"

"Not at this moment." He said and I took a seat across from him. I stared at my feet waiting.

The rest of the day he refused to give me a task and I got angry storming out. I started helping around the law firm filing and even cleaning up the break room.

"Emily." Mr. Jones voice asked as I stood up from organizing the cabinets.

"I'm in here." I said, and he looked around.

"Why are you working yourself to death? You should be resting." He said angrily.

"I'm not....you know yet." I said uncomfortable to even say it. He sighed.

"I know but you could be and we won't know until a few days from now, but I need you to not do anything too strenuous." He said. He pulled me back to his office. "I ordered lunch. Steak, fries your favorite, and a salad. It should be here soon."

I was so tired, and decided to sit on the couch. He came up to me and warn was wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and he had a blanket. I saw him get a pillow. "I'll wake you for the food." He placed the pillow down and he got back in his chair and began to work again. I laid down with my back to him and the office. He was a good guy. I hope I was pregnant, I knew he would make a great Dad.

When Monday came he basically dragged me to my bathroom with the test. "It's so early." I whined.

"Take the test Emily." He said and I did the test and walked out. I jumped on my bed and snuggled up in my covers. "Now we wait." He said and sat on my bed. I looked up at him.

"It's six in the morning! How dare you wake me up this early!" I yelled at him and laid my head back down.

"The big reveal is today." Was all he can say and I yawned.

"Can I have a sip of your coffee." I begged him. He got up from my bed.

"Fine since it is halfway gone enjoy." He said and I sat up quickly. I sipped it down and was so happy.

"I'm so happy." I said and he shook his head at me. I set the cup next to me and got back under my covers.

....

I was awaken and Mr. Jones told me to hurry up. "It should be ready. Let's go check." He said happily. He picked me up to my feet and I almost fell. I was carried to the bathroom and I could tell by his posture getting stiff that I wasn't pregnant.

I didn't want to look at it. "Let's go to the doctors. I can get it done again today." I said resting my head on his shoulder. I was so tired.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah I will go get ready." I said and he put me down and i went to my closet and grabbed my leggings and a t-shirt. I went to my bathroom and got cleaned up and got dressed.

We went to the doctors and I was currently sitting on the bed again while the doctor did his job. I held Mr. Jones hand tightly. I was scared even though it didn't hurt. I was very uncomfortable. "Okay were going to do it one more time and your done." He said and I just nodded. He did it again and we waited. I got cleaned up and the guys left the room. I got dressed and we left.