Chapter Nineteen

I don't know how long I sat there but a knock was heard on my door. A police officer was near. "Ma'am I received a call of a mysterious car parked here. I'm going to have to ask you to move. Parents are too scared to bring their kids here." He said, and I nodded. I fixed my seat, and buckled in. He left my car and I drove away.

I decided to go to a corner store and got two beers. I parked in my parking spot at Bryson's apartment and drunk the bottle. I finish a bottle and half walked up the stairs stumbling over my feet. I got to his door searching for my keys.

I tried unlocking the door but nothing would work. The door opened and I was pulled in. "You can't just run away from your problems!" Jax yelled at me. I pushed his arms away.

"Don't....don't touch me." I said. Bryson picked me up. "No put me down!" I yelled. I was taken outside and put in a car.

"Listen to me Emily." Bryson said seriously. He buckled me in. "Your going over there and your going to talk. Your given one last chance and right now your not doing a good job. Drinking Emily are you serious!" He said angrily. I turned away from him. "Your nothing like them! Times are different. You can't keep blaming your past for your actions. Now go talk and tell him everything. Do it not only for Emilia but yourself. Sober up."

He closed my door. He spoke to Jax and than walked away. Jax got in and we drove in silence. We got to his house, and he got out. "Let's go." He spoke. I got out and followed him inside. We sat in the kitchen. He went to the kitchen and got food and drinks. I shook my head. I wasn't in no mood for eating. "Okay talk." He said. My hands got sweaty and I wiped them on my palms. I slid off the couch and sat on the ground.

"I....I don't know what you want to know." I said.

"Get up on the couch so we can talk." He said. I looked down. I didn't want to. He sighed. "Let's talk about the past. Than we can analyze."

"You know what happened. He left and it was just my mom and I." I said.

"What else?" He said.

"She smoke, drank, did drugs. She had abusive boyfriends. One hurt me. After that I spent the days he came at Bryson's because I was scared. I still loved my mom even after everything. I wanted to make her proud to prove my worth. I got my diplomas, and than she dies leaving me all alone. My father....he never loved me. He left when I was a baby. Bryson's parents knew who he was and tried to get him to come. They said he couldn't come due to work but I found the letter he wrote them. They discarded it." I said and took a moment to speak. I choked off a sob and hugged my knees. "He wrote....he didn't want to come. What was the point. He was happy where he was and had a family of his own. He never loved me....I was just a waste and took up space. I remember begging my mom to make him come and her shouting he isn't coming. Her boyfriend got fed up with me and hit me over and over. Yelling at me to shut up." I said and gripped my hair remembering that moment. I was picked up and held.

"It's fine you are safe." He said.

"I'm so scared. I don't think I can do it." I cried.

"Do you want to help raise her?" He asked, and I nodded. My head rested on his shoulder. "What's stopping you from doing that?"

"She's going to know. The contract, what a mess I am. She's going to hate me." I said.

"We both made the contract Emily. It's not just you. We will deal with that when we get to it. She won't hate you. She will love you. Don't worry about the future. We need to focus on now. To get rid of the anger of the past." He said and I calmed down. He rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"I ruined her first month." I said.

"No. You didn't. We resolved everything so everything is fine." He said. "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah." I said. He grabbed my arms and pulled me to where we were face to face.

"About you drinking. No more that isn't a good environment she needs to be around. We also don't want a repeat of what happened at the vacation house." He said and I looked down. I was so embarrassed. I got off him before he could reach me again.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I said sitting on the other end of the couch.

"I wouldn't mind it happening again. I just didn't want you to be drunk. We were mad at each other and you waking up to me would be bad. I hope I didn't upset you." He said reaching over grabbing my hand.

"I'm fine." I said, and I heard him chuckle. He got closer and my heart pounded faster.

"Let's watch a movie." He said pulling me close. I sighed but was saddened he didn't kiss me. His arms wrapped around me and I blushed. I couldn't concentrate on the movie when he unconsciously was rubbing my side. I shivered at the feeling. I pulled away and stood.

"I need to go to the bathroom...." I said and he smiled at me. I left the room and was so angry. The bathroom Emily! I went to the bathroom and washed my face off and looked at myself. Calm down Emily don't make a bigger fool of yourself. I dried my face off and walked out. I walked slowly to the living room and he was still there but on his laptop on the phone. I sat down next to him and he handled his business playing with my fingers.

"Just schedule the meeting for ten tomorrow." He said getting stressed. I got up and tried to release that stress by massaging his shoulders. He stayed on the phone for ten minutes more and than finally ended it. He closed his laptop and put his phone away. "Thank you." He said finally sitting back and enjoying it. "Tomorrow she gets dropped off here again at seven. It's your turn to watch her. I'll help you feed,wash, and change her." He said and I nodded even though he couldn't see. My hands just rested on his shoulders thinking about my mother duties start tomorrow. "You will be a great mom. Don't stress I will be right there." He said.

"Okay." I whispered.

"You ready to go to bed?" He asked. I shrugged. I really wanted to get back on this couch and cuddle with you, possibly kissing. He grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs. I bite my lip. He turned around about to say something but stared at my lips. He reached over and pulled my lip from teeth. I just stared at him. "So you know where your room is, kitchen is open. I'm right next door if you need anything." He said and I nodded. He left to go to his room and I went to my old first room. It was vacant and not homey. I had no pajamas. I stripped my pants just wearing my shirt and underwear. I turned the light off and turned the tv on putting the volume low so he wouldn't be disturbed. I got under covers starring at the ceiling.

This was not how I wanted our makeup to end. Maybe he was just messing with my feelings and didn't really want anything. Maybe we're jus coparenting and that's it. Nothing happening between us. I mean jus over a month ago he did realize his fiancée was a murderer. That's got to be tough so he's blocking anything away and focusing on his child. Can't get mad at that.