Chapter Eighteen

Every time he called I never answered. I would answer every other text from Bryson. Tell him I was fine but that was it. I didn't want to talk to anyone and was trying to relax. Tomorrow she turned one month and I was so excited, but nervous. I was going to miss that. I thought coming to the beach would help me relax but turns out that was a bust.

"Hey party tonight at the beach. Ten bring your friends!" A guy said and I nodded. This was going to be fun. The first human I talked to since I've been here. "I'm Nick." He said.

"Emily." I responded.

"I've seen you around here walking, and running. You did a great job." He complimented me and I blushed.

"Thank you. I just wanted my bod back." I said trying to be cool.

"Yeah. So are you coming to the party?" He asked.

"I might stop by." I smiled and he chuckled lightly.

"See you there. Nice talking to you....Emily." He said before jogging away and going back to a volleyball game. I watched them play for a while before going to go get lunch. Which consisted of lasagna and a salad no dressing, and a tall glass of water.

After lunch I decided to go shop around for clothes. Nothing too serious. I only spend around forty dollars of that money and was going to replace it back when I get home and find a job. I decided to get my hair done. I got a cut, nothing too drastic. The lady added a few highlights and curled my hair. I went to the next station and got my eyebrows done as well. This pamper treatment was the best thing ever. I paid and saw it was around two in the afternoon. I noticed the car in front of the house and ran in. There he was sitting on the couch watching tv. I closed the door and he turned around glancing at me.

"You look different." He spoke. He did himself. A haircut, suit bigger to accommodate that he's been obviously working out.

"Yes. It was time for a change." I said and tried to walk out but he stopped me.

"We should talk. Have you eaten?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm just going to go lay down before I leave." I said.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"A party." I responded.

"Sounds fun. You know our daughter turns a month tomorrow. You should come. We are having a party tomorrow. I was hoping to fly us back there tonight." He said.

"Mr. Jones." I said shaking my head. I didn't want to go back there. I liked it here. Sure I was lonely and missed them but here I can create a happy environment I'm not reminiscing in old memories that stressed and caused me to cut and be depressed.

"Your missing out on so much because of a past you can't let go of. A past I want you to forget. I'm sorry Emily. What do you want? You make it and I will make it happen." He said.

"To stay here and for you to leave me alone forever!" I snapped. I turned around crossing my arms.

"So your walking out on us. On your daughters life of getting to know her mother. She needs a mother Emily!" He yelled at me.

"I know what she needs!" I yelled at him. "I am not capable of fulfilling that role! She doesn't deserve to go back and forth between parents! She deserves one home, and to be loved! It will never work." I said shaking my head. I heard a cry and I turned around. "Why did you bring her here!" I yelled.

"So we can celebrate our child birthday." He said and went to get her. Before he could show me I ran out the house. I saw Nick and asked if he needed help with setting up for the party. He gave me instructions on setting up the refreshment table. I also helped with getting the grill and speakers set up. Soon the fire started once it was dark enough and everybody starting coming. Nick showed me around introducing me to different people.