8

"Charlie I am getting married." 

Shawn's statement hits me like a ton of bricks. Like seriously why does he drop that news on me? And who has he been seeing? Was that why he had been so quiet and closed off lately? 

The very words might as well be a rope around my throat. Because it is getting hard to breathe. My phone is still in my ear as Shawn is heavy breathing in the background. He longs for me to say something.

Or anything.

"Why are you getting married?"

"Because I love him," Shawn replies.

"Love? How can you love someone you barely know?" 

"Opposite to loving someone who cannot love you back?" Shawn scoffs. "This could have been us, Charlie. I could have married you. You were the first man I ever loved. But you have repeatedly broken my heart. It was time to move on with my life." 

"You are in such a denial to think this second-rate bellboy could ever make you happy. And Shawn it is impossible for me to say that I love you. Because well, I never loved anyone."

"First of all, he is not a second-rate bellboy you asshole. Secondly, Charlie, it is rather tragic you cannot even experience love. Yet you have the audacity to judge me?" Shawn says angrily then hangs up the phone. 

My obsession goes into full mode. I try to access Shawn's social media to get gain access. Luckily he has not blocked me from Facebook yet. I see he made the dumb post announcement. The guy that he is getting married too is ugly. 

Medium height with yellow hair, eyes that way too large for his face, and his nose for that matter. I get his name. Luther Smith. Why would anyone name their child that? A loser that is who.

I make these plans, it does not take me long to get an address and a phone number. I personally call Luther to congratulation him and then make plans to meet up. A few hours later we are at his apartment, drinking wine, and getting cozy. 

Shawn really picked a nice one here. Luther started to try to kiss me but I digress. I do not want his tongue or mouth anywhere near me. I get up pretending I have to use the bathroom while trying to see if Luther has anything I could use. I discovered in his bathroom he has some rope inside his sink cabinet. 

That will work. I smile as I head back to the living room, the rope stuck around my waist. My leather gloves are one, and we head to the bathroom because Luther needs to throw up. He is visibly wasted, and this is going to be easy.

I get behind him, wrapping the rope around his neck, and he struggles a bit. But then he dies soon after. I hang him from his shower rail. There, I feel tons better. 

"Fuck you man looks like you won't be marrying Shawn after all!" I exclaim to him. Full of victory and happiness. Riding the high off of my this one. 

I head back to the living room collecting the wine, and clearing Luther's phone.