17

TWO MONTHS LATER

"Mom, I wanted to let you know that I finally have gotten married," I reply to her. 

"Oh that is great," She states. "Why was I not invited?"

I would say I did not want her there. Being a helicopter parent with smothering me. I  could not bear it. 

"It happened so suddenly not even Shawn's family was notified," I lie. Shawn told his parents soon after we got to Spain. They were not happy he eloped but, fuck them. This is not their lives. 

"Are you ashamed of me Charlie?" She whispers the question. I can imagine her closing her eyes shut breathing hard. She does not really want to hear the answer. My mom can be the queen of denial sometimes.

"Of course," I answer. "You hover too much in my life."

"I am your mother, and that is my job."

"You have to draw a line somewhere. Go on a date or get a hobby. Just leave me alone!" I exclaim loudly to her than end the phone call. Shawn is not home today, he went back to work. I need my space from that place. 

If I even desire to go back. 

Which I do not. 

But it would not be right if Shawn was the only one bringing in a paycheck. 

I sigh as I sip wine from my glass staring out my window. My mind has all these images of all the twinks that I have murdered. The lust rising more and more. To the point, I cannot resist the urge. 

Grabbing my things I head out, and I do something I would never do. I bring a twink back to the apartment. I do not know why I did something so irrational. Halfway through the kill, the door opens and Shawn walks into the apartment. 

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. 

"So you are the Twink Killer aren't you Charlie?" Shawn questions in devasting tone. 

"And what if I was?" I question back to him. "You asked me to protect him from you. Well, how am I supposed to protect you from myself, Shawn?"