18

"You did not have lie to Charlie," Shawn inches his face closer to mines. "I would have loved you anyway. I just did not like this dishonesty."

"And you are telling me, after all, you said to me that you would never fall in love with a monster? Someone who could never love you back. Yet now you are telling me you did not care for my dishonesty?"

The blood is getting to me. So the fact that Shawn does not appear to be terrified of me any longer. Or what I have done. Shawn simple goes over to the body and lifts up one of the cut off limbs.

"We could work together as a team. I could lure them in, and you could murder them. While I watch," Shawn suggests. "And right now, we need to get rid of this trash that is cluttering our apartment."

"Wait a minute are you wanting to work with me?" I question in disbelief.

"Yes, Charlie I told you I loved you no matter what, and if this who are you. Then damn it I love it too. I do anything to help you fulfill your desires."

"You do not know what you are asking me to do Shawn," I warn him. "Once I release the devil in me the angel gets set on fire."

"Charlie, we all have our demons and desires. You get off on killing people. And I can learn to adjust to that. So why don't you just tell me from the very beginning? Was this the reason why you kept disappearing after you made love to me?"

"Yes, I have these urges to kill Shawn. People lust after love and I lust after blood. I am incapable of loving anyone."