Part 4

Taehyung reached the front door and tried to open it but it was locked.

Jungkook :"lucky us, lets go back".

Taehyung: " not so fast buddy, there must be another way in".

Jimin: "Tae, this place might be someone else's property, we can't just break in".

Taehyung: " it looks abandoned to me".

Jungkook: " say that to the police when we get caught".

Taehyung ignored both of them and turned around the house looking for an entrance an amused smile on his face. 'at least one of us is having fun' Jimin thought to himself. Taehyung finally found a back door and it was open.

Taehyung: "found the entrance!" he called out for his friends to follow. they didn't look very happy.

Jimin: "are you sure about this?" He asked Taehyung hoping that he would change his mind.

Taehyung: "come on! this is gonna be fun!".

Jimin took a deep breath and pushed the rusty door open. He stepped in first taking full responsibility of his friend's recklessness. The air inside the house was heavy and dust fell the air. Jimin heard Jungkook coughing behind him.

Jungkook: "I don't think anyone uses this place anymore".

Taehyung: "I told you it's abandoned".

Jimin: "keep your gaurds up, we don't know what kind of animal might take this place as a shelter".

Even though there was dust everywhere but the house was well organized as if no one ever lived here. Jimin looked around the place and others followed him. He entered the kitchen and examined the place. Taehyung opened the fridge and looked inside it.

Taehyung: " it's empty ".

Jungkook: "what did you expect? some pizza leftovers" he chuckled.

Taehyung: "no, I mean everything here is empty no plates no glasses not even kitchen tools".

Jimin: "well, it looks like No one used this place before".

Taehyung: "lets check out the second floor " he pointed at the stairs.

Everything started to get weird as soon as they got to the second floor. There are stains every where and some empty bottles and tubes are scattered around. There was a big table in the middle and on top of it some chemical equipment. The smell in the place was unpleasant. it smelled like a sharp and strong scent of chemicals liquid .

Taehyung: "this place is like a laboratory"

Jungkook: "I would never have guessed that we would find something like this here".

Jimin: "yaeh, downstairs everything seemed oddly normal".

Taehyung: "do you think a scientist lived here?" He asked while grabbing a tube filled with green liquid.

Jimin: "Taehyung don't touch that!"

Taehyung was startled by Jimin's sudden warning. He accidentally dropped the tube on the floor. The tube broke making a glass shatter noise.  The liquid inside it spilled on the floor. They all froze in surprise by this sudden action staring at the spilled liquid.

Taehyung: "oops!" he chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head.

Suddenly they heard a thud sound.

They all became quiet not even daring to take a breath. Jimin's heartbeat became faster as he was trying to make sense of the sudden sound.

Jimin finally make a move and looked around to his friends thinking one of them made the noise but both of them looked confused.

Jimin: "was that you?" He asked Jungkook who looked pale.

Jungkook: "I didn't move an inch, I thought the sound was coming from behind" he turned around and looked at a room behind him.

Taehyung: "does someone live here?". Jimin sensed the seriousness in his tone. Taehyung seems to be no longer having fun.

Jungkook:" or something".

The atmosphere was tense after this mysterious noise they heard coming from inside the room. Jimin glanced at his friends their faces were pale even the most exciting one Taehyung. Jimin was afraid too but he could not ignore this. He gathered his courage and took a step towards the room.

Jungkook: " hyung are you sure? We c-could just.. you know.. go back to the camp".

Taehyung: " you don't have to do this...".

Jimin: " no"

Taeyung: "Jimin..."

Jimin: "you dragged us all the way here and now you got scared of a sound, it could be nothing" Jimin said in frustration.

Taehyung could not argue with Jimin anymore, because he was right. It is his fault after all. If he hadn't dared Jimin to do what he asked then non of this would have happened, If they got hurt now it's all because of his reckless actions.

Jungkook : " hyung, be careful ".

Jimin nodded to Jungkook. He walked to the room then placed his hand on the door handle, he looked back at his friends, Taehyung kept quiet but had a worry expression on his face. Jungkook was staring at the door then he made an eye contact with Jimin and nodded encouraging him to go for it. Jimin turned to the door and took a deep breath.

He opened the door and pushed it slightly. It made a creaking noise, which made Jimin hasetate a bit but then he continued pushing it forward. A rush of wind came through the open window in front of him making his hair float with the breeze and sending shiver down his spine.

Taehyung: " do you see anything ?".

Jimin shook his head : "nothing".

The room was quiet, except the sound of the wind. It was empty with no furniture only the white curtains that was flattering with the wind. Jimin took a step inside the room examining it carefully. He stopped when he glanced at something on the far corner across the room.

His heart stopped beating when he realized what he was looking at. He heard Jungkook and Taehyung foot steps behind him but they froze in place when they saw what Jimin was looking at. It was a body laying on the floor. Jimin blinked his eyes a few times to clear his vision or to make sure that he was not hallucinating. Then again he saw a small figure laying on the floor he guessed the body belonged to a female.

 Then again he saw a small figure laying on the floor he guessed the body belonged to a female

—————————