The Past

Warning: violence, mention of blood.

________________________________

Your POV:

You were playing with the snow outside your house. The house you lived in with your mother was far from the town nearby. You don't know why your mother chose to live in this isolated house. It's not like you wanted to be around people, in fact it was the exact opposite you hate the feeling of being outcast by everyone because of your look. But the thing is, you have a fear of darkness, you don't like how dark it gets at night.

Your mother warned you not to wander off too far, but you didn't listen. Being the curious kid you chased after a deer you saw walking by. But the deer was faster than you, you couldn't keep up with it. Eventually, you gave up on your mission and decided to go back home. This little journey took your time it was starting to get dark. You hoped your mother didn't notice your disappearance or else you will be grounded.

You opened the backyard door and stepped inside the house quietly hoping that your mother doesn't notice you. At this hour your mother would be watching TV or probably in the kitchen preparing for dinner. You took off your boots and your coat placing it on the hanger. The house was quiet. You didn't hear the TV sound or smelled your mother's cooking. You wondered if she left to get groceries, but she would always take you with her she wouldn't leave you here alone.

You stepped into the living room and what you saw was unexpected. It was a mess. The TV was thrown on the floor with a broken screen. The coffee table was shattered along with the vas that was on top. You hesitate to step in any further fearing your bare feet may get cut by the glass that was scattered everywhere. You were afraid you didn't understand what was going on.

Y/N: "mom!", you called for her but you didn't get an answer.

You walked faster to the kitchen hoping to find your mother there cooking. As soon as you stepped inside your foot slipped and you fell on the wet floor.

Y/N: "ouch!", you whimper in pain from the hard fall.

You felt your clothes getting sticky on you. Your hands were wet. You thought you slipped into water but when you looked at your tiny hands you saw them covered with red.

Y/N: "....".

For a while you stared at your small hands the only sound you heard was your unsteady breathing. You looked around, there was a mop of red liquid on the floor, you followed the source and your eyes fell on your mother collapsed on the floor. Her long hair covering her face. Her body facing the floor she was holding something in her hand. It looked like a small dagger.

Y/N: " mommy!!". You screamed and rushed beside her, slipping a few times in the blood before you reached her. You brushed her hair away from her face and looked at her with worried eyes. Her eyes were closed, her face was pale but she was still breathing slowly. You didn't know how to help your mother you cried.

...: " hey little (Y/N)". A man spoke from behind startling you.

You turned to look at him with your blurry vision. It was uncle Fred, you were relieved to see him. he was a friend of your mother. He had always helped you and your mother during hard times. He supported you both. He always makes your mother smile you liked him being around he was like a father to you.

Y/N: "uncle Fred, mommy...,is.., sick, I don't know,... what to do", you said between sobs.

He wasn't paying any attention to you he was looking around. You wondered why isn't he helping your mother.

Y/N: "uncle Fred". You called him again, this time he looked at you but his look gave you goosebumps. His stare was different, it was harsh and cold. You felt unsafe under his gaze.