Chapter Eleven

They all sit waiting to hear any news about Taylor, but they get nothing. For two hours no one comes in or out to talk to them. Then a doctor comes out, they all stand up looking at him. "She's going to be fine, " He starts off and they all feel a little relief. "But I did have to do surgery on her. From what you told me" He looks at Layla, "I was able to quickly stop the bleeding and I didn't have to make a huge scar. What happened is her right side was very weak from blunt force trauma and she shouldn't have been doing anything, but from all the work she was doing it was causing her organs to also weaken. So when she had fallen from the couch and landed, something must have hit her liver and causes it to cut open." He says and Layla nods.

"She didn't fall on solid ground." Austin says and the doctor looks over at him.

"If she'd fall on the ground she most likely would have cut open another organ." He says and Austin looks up at the doctor confused.

"Austin, you didn't cause it. You helped her, not hurt her." Layla says knowing what he was thinking.

"She's still not off of the anesthesia completely or some of the pain medication, but you are welcome to go in and see her." The doctor says. Leland nods his head and they begin to follow the doctor. He lets them in and then leaves them alone.

Leland walks up to the bed. "Who are youuuuu?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

"I'm your brother." He smiles as she slurred her words.

"My brother. I...I have a brother?" She asks with wide eyes. Leland looks at the nurse and she smiles.

"She's fine, just going to take her a little to get off the anesthesia and meds. If you need me just call." She says and then leaves the room.

"She was mean," Taylor grumbles and sticks her tongue out towards the door.

"Why was she mean?" Layla asks taking a seat next to her.

"She...she stuck dis dis thing in my arm." She says and points to the iv.

"That's helping you," Layla says and she shakes her head.

"No it's not. It's putting bad stuff in me." She says and they laugh. "Are you my sister?" She asks and Layla shakes her head. "Why not?" She says and Layla laughs.

"Because we don't have the same mom and dad."

"So what. You're my sister because I said so." She claims, Layla just nods her head. She looks at Austin and smiles. "Who is he? I think I know him." She says and Layla looks at him.

"He's a friend of ours. His name is Austin." She says and Taylor's eyes widen.

"I think...I think I fell on him." She says and looks at Layla worried. "I sorry bout that." She says loudly to him as if he's a mile away. Austin just nods.

"It's ok. Didn't hurt me." He says and walks closer to the bed.

"Are you sure? I weigh a lot." She says and they laugh.

"I'm fine." He says and she nods her head.

"There's something under my boob." She says and begins to feel the gauze.

"It's a bandage," Layla says and moves her hand to stop her from playing with it.

"Why do I have a bandage by my boob?" She asks furring her eyebrows.

"They had to fix you," Layla says and she shakes her head.

"I not need fixing. I'm prefect." She says causing them to laugh again.

"You are perfect." Leland says and she looks back over at him.

"Why are you crying?" She asks and he wipes his eyes.