Chapter Fourteen

"Here we come Vicksburg National Military Park." Analyze says as they are only about ten minutes away.

"Should we leave Carson in the car?" Jack asks and she glares at him.

"We'll wake him up when we get there." She says and he pouts.

"I'm surprised Taylor's still asleep." Leland says looking over at her.

"She only went to sleep about an hour before Carson did." Austin says and Leland looks at him confused. "Said she couldn't get comfortable with the bandage."

"Well she looks comfortable now." Jack says with a double meaning. Leland punches him in the arm.

"Shut up." He grumbles and Julia shakes her head at the two boys.

"You're so testy without Layla around." Jack says rubbing his shoulders.

"I am fine without her, and she's just in the car with Chloe." He says, but knows he misses her.

"Suuuurre." Jack says not convinced. The two boys argue with each other the whole way to the park.

"Ok, both of you shut up." Analyze says parking the chair. The two stop, but continue to grumble to each other. Leland opens the van door and hops out walking over to Layla. Jack smirks and Austin rolls his eyes.

"Taylor...wake up, we're here." He says light moving her off of him. She scrunches her face and nods.

"Okayyy." She says rolling her neck. Julia wakes Carson up and he looks drunk. Austin and Taylor let them out first and then Austin goes waiting for Taylor. He helps her out of the van and Leland rolls up to her with the wheelchair.

"I don't have to be in it 24/7, only when I'm feeling tired or if it's hurting." She says and he raises his brow.

"Or if we are doing a lot of walking." He adds and folds her arms lightly over her stomach.

"Just let me walk for a little while, I have to to make sure I don't get any blood clots." She says and Austin smiles.

"That is what the doctor said." He says and she nods her head.

"See even he agrees." She says with a smile towards him.

"Only because he's in love with you." Jack mumbles under his breath. Leland slams him in the side and Taylor looks at them weird.

"I don't wanna know what you said." She says and turns to walk away. Austin looks over at him with a death glare.

"That's not funny." Analyze says and jogs to catch up to Taylor. Jack looks at Austin, but he's already walking away.

"Think before you speak, not like any of us go around telling Analyze that you love her." Leland says and pushes the empty wheelchair. Carson not liking the tension runs up and plops himself in it.

"I'm tired will you push me?" He says batting his eyelashes up at Leland. Leland smiles and pats his head.

"Sure." He says and then pushes him hard. Carson holds on and then slams into one of the parking stops.

"Jerk." He yells back. Leland shrugs and continues walking. Carson gets out and begins pushing the chair after everyone.

"This is so beautiful." Julia says looking at the cemetery. There are rows with white headstones and each one has a flag by it. The group is quiet as they pass by and think about what had happened to all of them.

They then get to walk onto what looks like a battlefield. It's hills upon hills and there are warfare machines placed in many areas. "How are you feeling?" Leland asks leaning up by Taylor.