Chapter Nineteen

She pulls into the driveway and Austin hops out from the back quickly. "Were you watching the road trying to get every bump?" He asks rubbing the back of this head.

"Oh shut up, you're such a baby," Layla says pushing his shoulder. He glares at her before the four of them enter the building. They all look around for the rest of the group. They're lounging in some chairs in the far back. Julia points them out and begins walking towards them.

"About time you got here," Jack says standing up.

"What happened to your head?" Leland asks noticings a small bruise forming on his forehead.

"You girlfriend was trying to give me a concussion. I was in the back of the truck and she slams on her brakes." He says and Leland looks over at her with a raised brow.

"A moron pulled out in front of me, I had to break or there would have been an accident. He's just dramatic." She says rolling her eyes at him. Leland just shakes his head before looking over to Taylor.

"Even though you aren't jumping out, they are going to make you wear a vest type of thing. The people we are going with understand your issue, so they won't tighten it too much. They're really cool actually." He says and then a group of people come walking towards them. "Here they are."

"Hi, is this everyone?" A young woman asks. Leland nods his head and she smiles. "Great, ok follow me." She says. Everyone begins to follow her and Layla notices Austin's nervousness. He's not shaking, but kinda bouncing and jittery.

"Austin." She says getting his attention. He looks over at her alarmed.

"What? Are you ok?" He asks looking down at her side. She laughs and nods her head.

"I'm fine, but I don't think you are." She says and he shakes his head.

"Do you have any idea how many people die because they do this. Jump out of a plane and then they're parachutes don't deploy, or they crash when they land, or-"

"Austin, they'll be fine. They went through hours of training. Is this what you're worried about?" She asks and he nods.

"What else would-she told you didn't she?" He asks and Taylor shakes her head, but he knows she's lying. "I'm gonna hurt her." He says shaking his head.

"I think it's funny that you're afraid of heights." She says and he looks at her confused.

"I don't have a fear of heights, I just don't like being stuck in a metal tube." He says and she laughs.

"So, say you were on a roof, that wouldn't scare you?" She asks, he goes to speak, but then thinks about it.

"Ok, maybe I have a small fear, but it's not like I can't be high up, just would rather be on the nice ground." He says and notices Taylor smile. "What?" He asks and she shakes her head.

"The nice ground, the ground is the opposite of nice. It causes pain when you land on it, it can trip you, it can be really hot-"

"It's not that bad if you know how to walk." He says with a smile.

"I can walk perfectly fine, and-"

"Ok, lovebirds back there, listen up." Austin and Taylor turn their heads to the front. They look at the woman and she smiles. "Thank you." She says and Taylor looks down and fidgets with her hands. She feels everyone's gaze on her and she tries to ignore it, but she can't. She looks up and sees the other two people with the woman are looking at her. She looks back down quickly and closes her eyes.

She tries to focus on the woman's voice, but everything's too loud. She can't hear over the buzzing in her head. She feels pressure on her side and someone's voice. "Taylor, it's ok. Just take in a breath and then let it all out." She hears Austin's calming voice say to her. "Breath with me. In....and out." He says and continues to do this. Taylor opens her eyes and realizes that he was walking her with the group. She looks up at him and nods her head. He gives her a small smile before letting her walk up to the rest of the group.