Chapter Seventeen

"22 hours guys, so get comfortable," Leland says getting into the driver's side.

"That's a long time to be stuck in a car with you people." Chloe jokes. Julia hits her arm and she smiles. "I was just joking." She shrugs, Julia shakes her head at her.

"I'm doing music, but will change it every so often." Leland states and Layla mumbles something next to him. "What was that?" He asks looking in his rearview mirror at her.

"Nothing babe." She says putting a smile on her face.

"Suuurrre." He replies and looks to see if Analyze and Jack are ready. Jack nods his head and Leland begins to pull out. Taylor not wanting to talk with anyone pulls out her phone and puts in some earbuds.

Austin sees Taylor ignoring everyone and wonders why. He feels like it was something he said a couple nights ago, but doesn't know what it would have been. "Austin." He hears someone almost yell his name. He looks over and sees Layla looking at him.

"Yeah?" He asks not hearing whatever she had said.

"How many years do you have left of schooling?"

"Two more and then it will be eight. Why?" He asks realizing that he has no idea what topic everyone's on.

"We were just going over how many we had. Taylor and I still have three years left, but we only had seven years to begin with. I might be able to pull off only two years, but then I have to jam my schedule, and then I'd probably fail." She says and he shakes his head.

"Layla, fail. Yeah, when the world ends." He says and she blushes.

"That's not true. I've failed things before." She says and he crosses his arms.

"Like what?" He asks and she goes to talk, but then takes it back.

"When...I had...no...."

"That's what I thought. Even on pretests, you don't fail, so don't even go there about failing." He says and she huffs.

"Yeah, that's because I know what I can handle in a year." She argues and Austin just gives her a look.

"I'm done this year." Carson says and Austin looks up at him.

"What for?"

"Sales. Plan to make it up to a sales manager and I'm already getting there" He says and Austin nods his head.

"Nice," He says thinking about him doing the job. "I think you're gonna be good at it."

"Thanks, I hope so." He says and Julia smiles at him.

"You'll do great." She says and he smiles down at her. Austin feeling slightly uncomfortable with seeing their moment looks over at Chloe.

"What about you? What do you wanna do?" He asks and she shrugs.

"So far I want to be in cosmetology." She says and he nods.

"Maybe you could fix me up sometime." He says and she laughs.

"Oh, yeah definitely. Just give you some highlights and a few touch ups and you'd be looking amazing." She chuckles and he nods.

"I'm game." He says laughing. Layla shakes her head at the two with a smile.

"I would like to see you with highlights," Layla says and he shakes his head.

"Yeah, not so sure about that one. I like just the brown." He says and runs a hand through it. Layla tilts her head and then laughs.

"Yeah, stick with the brown." She says and then whispers something to Chloe. She looks at Austin and then starts laughing while nodding her head. Austin looks at them nervous causing them to laugh harder.