Chapter Fifteen

Once everyone's done eating they get ready to divvy up the bill. "Taylor, Layla I got yours." Leland says putting the cash down.

"Oh, am I not hot enough to be paid for?" Carson asks looking over Austin's shoulder at the bill.

"Nope." He says and Carson pouts pretending to be hurt. Once the group has paid they get ready to leave. Austin pulls Taylor out and pushes her behind the group. Austin has to stop as a woman stands right in front of them.

"Um..this is really weird, but my daughter over there," The woman says pointing to a little girl in a wheelchair. "She was wondering if she could talk to you. You don't have to, it's just she's really shy and-"

"It's fine, Austin can you?" She doesn't finish as he nods his head and pushed her over to the little girl. "Hi my name's Taylor, what's your name?" Taylor asks with a smile.

"Amelia." She says shyly.

"How are you doing?" Taylor asks and she smiles.

"Good, I'm getting better." She says proudly.

Taylor smiles, "Well that's a good thing."

"I just wanted to talk to you because you're like me. We both can't walk, but I saw you were happy and laughing with your friends." She says rushing. Taylor nods her head with a smile.

"Well you can't let anything stop you from being happy." She says and the girl nods.

"When I'm older they said I might not have to be in the wheelchair." She says and Taylor smiles.

"Well, I bet you can do it. Just gotta keep working at it." Taylor says and the girl nods.

"I will, it was nice meeting you." She says and then leans to wrap her arms around Taylor. Taylor light hugs her back feeling pain in her side.

"It was really nice meeting you too, Amelia." Taylor says and the little girl waves. Taylor waves back and Austin begins pushing her back to the exit doors.

"Taylor, thank you so much. She doesn't ever talk to anyone and for her to do this...it really helps her." The woman from before says.

"No problem, she's a very sweet little girl." Taylor says and the woman smiles before walking back over to her daughter.

Austin pushes out the doors and Leland looks at them confused. "A little girl wanted to talk to me." She says before he jumps to any conclusions. Leland nods and helps her into the van while Austin closes the wheelchair.

When Austin gets in he sees Layla looking at Taylor with concern. Taking the seat across from them he tries to figure out what's wrong. "Hey, Chloe can you hand me my bag?" Layla asks pointing. Chloe turns to grab it and hands it over.

Layla gets off of the seat and then Taylor lays down. Layla rolls up her shirt and Austin sees the gauze is full of blood. "Hey, it cut open a little." Layla says. Everyone realizes what Layla doing and gets quiet. "It'll be fine, but not twisting or turning. Don't want to have to go back and get more stitches." She says and places the old gauze in a little baggy. She puts new gauze on and then has her sit up so she can wrap her.

Taylor looks and sees everyone looking at her. Austin knows she's not comfortable and looks to Carson. "So, what do you plan on doing after this trip?" Leland hears what he says and tries to get everyone talking as well.

Once Taylor is back sitting up with her shirt down and everything in tact Austin and Leland both stop talking really loud and let the conversation go wherever. Layla looks at Austin, but he's looking at Taylor.

She's got her eyes closed and has headphones in. Her hair was put into a messy bun and now she has strands sticking out everywhere. Austin notices how she leans slightly to her left and is fidgeting with her fingers.