11.

One Month Later ~

"You ready?" Sheri asked after she tended to her last patient for the day and I looked up from the receptionist desk and nodded typing more information in the computer before shutting it off.

"Girl yes." I laughed as I got up grabbing my bags.

Sheri and I have became good friends since the coffee shop and we were both into the same stuff. She's like my only best friend here besides Cha of course but I barely see her because of me moving out and living in my own apartment and we're both working.

So me and Sheri clicked and once Sheri finally quit the coffee shop because she was tired of Toney's ass, she hooked me up with this job as well.

"Hurry up girl, my man is waiting for me." Sheri exclaimed.

"Hakeem can wait. Let me clock out." I laughed knowing as soon as she got home she was about to watch Empire.

She scoffed and huffed in defeat. I laughed at her as I slid my card.

We walked out together to our cars that was parked next to each other every time. Every time Sheri and I walk out together after work because Sheri's a bit paranoid on walking by herself at nighttime since she's used to working morning shifts.

"See you Monday bitch." Sheri waved before getting in her car.

I waved back before getting in my brand new Lexus as well and sighed as I started my car up. It was a Saturday night and all I was about to do when I got home is drink some wine and probably lay up in bed if I don't get distracted and probably tomorrow since I'm off I'd probably go see Cha and the girls.

As I drove I felt my phone vibrate in my lap and I looked down seeing a text from Ant.

Ant : Whea you at? - 12:36 a.m

I was kind of surprised from hearing from him at this time. Ant and I don't really talk now since he's busy with getting his life together and I'm busy with work or I'll be sleep. I haven't seen him since I moved in this house the end of last month.

On my way home. - 12:38 - a.m

Ant : I'll be there in 10

I shrugged as I put my phone down and road the rest of the way home listening to Motorsport by Migos.

I parked in my reserved parking spot and grabbed my keys out the ignition getting out and walked upstairs to the second floor and walked into my apartment.

I cut on the lights and it was the same as I left it, I still haven't gotten my living room together all I have is a coffee table and a tv and just a small recliner.

The rest of my furniture should be shipping in a couple of days.

I went straight to my room and pulled my hair from my two braids I put in this morning and ruffled it up a bit and stripped from my work clothes.

I put on some spandex shorts and a tank top and put on my house shoes. I heard my knocks on my door and I sighed knowing it was Ant.

I walked towards the door and once I opened that face I haven't seen gave me a smirk.

"Wazzam

"Wazzam." He smiled looking me up and down.

"Hello, Ant." I chuckled crossing my arms.

"You gon' letta nigga in?" He leaned off from the door frame.

I moved to the side to let him in and he crept inside eyeing my place and nodded.

"Why you ain' invite a nigga ova' to check yo shit out?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Could've came earlier."

"It's nice. Whea' yo furniture tho?"

"It's on its way." I answered laughing a little walking into the kitchen with him following me.

"How you been?" He leaned against the counter.

"Alright. I've been better actually. I see Ms. Sullivan very frequent." I said as I grabbed a wine glass from my cabinet and pulled my Moscato out and poured me a full glass.

Mrs. Sullivan is my shrink and she's been the one to actually help me get back on my feet and start thinking clearly once I fully decided I needed help.

"That's good. I'm happy for you." Ant nodded looking at my glass.

"One of these won't hurt me, Ant." I shook my head seeing him eyeing.

"You gotta beer?"

"Here." I went in the fridge and passed him one.

"A girl that drinks beer." He chuckled.

I laughed at him as I took a sip of my wine.

"What brings you by?"

"Haven't seen you in a min so I thought Lemme show my sexy ahh face to you." He rubbed his chin.

"You so full of it." I laughed as I kept taking sips of my wine.

"Ya Whatever." He chuckled.

I bite my lips as I put my glass down and sat down by him.

"What's going on with that hair of yours?" He looked up at my head and my hands went up to it in reflex.

"Whatchu mean? What's wrong with it?"

"You look like a wild animal." He laughed.

"I do not shut up. I just took it down from some braids."

"I'm just messin' with ya."

"You always messing with someone." I snorted as I tuck some hair behind my ear.

He just smirked as he shrugged his shoulders. "You make it easy."

"How."

"Being you."

I rolled my eyes and I nudged his head with my hand. "Shut up."

"What you doing tomorrow?" Ant asked as he finally popped his beer open and started drinking some.

"I planned on going to see Chandra Why?"

"I wanna take you somewhere." He answered and I eyed him.

"For?"

"I can't be nice?" He shot back.

"I mean you can..."

"I just wanna take you somewhere. Ion want nothing of it just wanna be friends like we said we were gonna be." He told me.

"Oh."

"I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Good. Bye Big Head." He smirked getting and heading out the door and I rolled my eyes at his comment and decided to just get ready for bed.