31

Leanna.

"Excuse me, Miss?" I turned my head as I was following behind Jhen and Sean seeing a black man standing before me with a pair of glasses that he took off just so I could look into his eyes.

"Yes?" I bit my lips as I looked back at Jhen who was giving me those eyes.

"I was walking not too far from you and I couldn't help myself just to walk over here and tell you how beautiful you are." He smirked as kept his hands in his jean pockets.

"Uh thank you. That's really kind of you." I smiled back as I started to turn away from him but he grabbed my wrist which made me snatch it out of his grasp right away.

"My fault. I didn't mean to...-"

"You good." I heard the familiar voice I was anxiously trying not to hear.

"I don't think I was talking to you." The man replied smartly to him making Anthony step up all in his face.

"You is now. You good like I said. She not yo problem." He mugged him making the man look to me and back to Ant before walking away.

I felt someone hit my wrist and I looked back seeing Jhen with a playful smirk as she was pointing to the candy station meaning she was planning on ditching me.

"Were going to be over here okay?" Jhen smiled as she grabbed Sean's hand and pulled him with her.

"No-"before I could protest she had already left me and I could feel my face heat up.

I looked back at Anthony and down to the floor playing with the strands of my hair.

"Leanna..."

"Uhm. Hi." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Can we talk?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"Aren't we already?" I gave him a warm fake smile and it was like he could read right through it. I had to feel like I had no feelings towards him and that's what I had to do.

"You know what I mean..." he drifted off and I looked at him curiously.

"What do we have to talk about Anthony? You moving on? I'm not mad at you." I chuckled dryly as I threw my hands up in defeat.

"You're not mad?"

"Nope. Why would I be? I left you. I have no clue what we used to have...so why would I be mad?" I asked him making him search my eyes.

"Somewhere in there don't you feel like there's something between us?" He asked.

I looked in his eyes and that was the moment I could tell him the truth or not. Tell him how I remember everything...how he shouldn't be marrying Kayla..how he should be with me.

"Nope. I can't feel anything." I lied and he looked defeated himself as if he would've stopped everything if I would've said the words. But what could I say?

"Well...that's too bad." He responded as he licked his lips.

"Yeah well I must be getting back to Jhen and Sean we have plenty of things to....do" I drifted off into my sentence when I looked back searching for Jhen but couldn't find her in sight.

I felt a buzz in my purse and pulled my phone out and read the text Jhen left me.

Jhen : Have fun girly 😉 you'll thank me later! Go get yo man!

I cleared my throat as I stuffed my phone in my bag and looked back to see Anthony standing there just watching me.

"They left you?" He asked as he shook his head biting his lip.