39.

Leanna.

"Look at my babygirl! That's it! You're walking! Go, go, go!"

Smiling I couldn't help but feel a blush creep up to my cheek as I watched baby Lea take her first steps.

"You were so happy. I remember that day we tried to pick you up and you wasn't having it." Mom giggled as she patted my leg. "You wanted to do it all on your own."

I kept the same smile on my lips as I felt the water works coming but I stopped them. I wish my life was just that easy like it used to be.

I came to my parents house in Atlanta to get my mind off things. I thought if I'd spend some time with them everything will be fine and I'll go back to how things used to be.

"What's wrong baby?" Ma asked as she noticed my demeanor. I winced at the question looking down to my knees. I definitely didn't want to tell my mom about me killing someone because she would definitely hate me for it.

"Momma i did something terrible." I sniffed as I fiddled with my fingers.

"What is it?" She asked concerned as she patted my knee and scooted closer to me.

"I-I" I stuttered as I couldn't find it in myself to speak.

I had no clue how to tell her.

"Baby you can tell me. It's okay." She assured me taking my hand into hers.

"I-It's bad, Ma. Real bad...you may hate me." I croaked as I felt some tears fall from my eyes but I whipped it away.

"I could never hate you Lea, you're my baby girl." She said as her eyes scrunched in confusion to what was going on.

"...I hurt someone mom." I said.

She looked at me for a second before she looked more worried than ever.

"What do you mean?" She inquired.

Before I could say anymore I heard a knock on the door and I looked towards it already knowing it was Ant. He was supposed to be trailing me here, I made it first because I told him I needed some time alone with my mom.

"That's probably Anthony." I told her as she nodded fixing her composer and got up and went to the door.

"Hello Anthony, Nice to see you again." Mom greeted him as soon as she opened the door for him.

"Always good to see you, Mrs. Davis." He smiled as he exchanged hugs with her.

"Anthony, from how long you've known me you can just call me Lana." She patted his back.

"Yes, ma'am." He chuckled as his eyes drifted off to me and I quickly looked down to my feet.

I haven't really spoken to no one since the incident, it was Ant's idea to come and see my parents thinking it'll put me in a better mood.

"Come. Sit down." Mom offered as she pulled him to where we were sitting together.

"So what's going on? Lea's telling me she's gotten into trouble. What happened?" She rambled as she looked between the two of us.

"Ray is what happened." Ant said bitterly and her eyes lit up.

"Ray? Lord heavens did he hurt you?" Mom asked looking over to me with worry.

"Momma you don't have to worry about him hurting me again." I sighed as I felt it coming. The water works again.

"What does that mean-oh my god. Leanna! Stop talking and circles and tell me so I can help you." She exaggerated as her face started to turn beat red. "Did you hurt Ray?"