Estanque de León

Chapter 11

Jennifer

The man looked down at my stomach, then back to me.

"The choice is your", I said. I wasn't pregnant, but I need to seem valuable enough to walk out of here.

"Your ring", he said yanking my hand up,"How much is it worth?"

"Just over 2.5 million", I said. I broke the band when we were in Missouri and the jeweler wouldn't touch the ring until he got it appraised. That's how I found out and damn near faded in the store.

The man let out a whistle,"I want it".

"Bargain, your ring may be worth more than his contract", Adam said.

"For Michael and a car its yours".

Laughing he said," I can cut your hand off and take it".

"But you won't, you can't survive a war with us. Take the ring and let us go. My husband will remember this and whatever operation your running could use, not just his power but, the money too".

The hallucination Adam clapped,"Well done, love", he vanished.

The man weighed his options.

"Do we have a deal, Mr..." I didn't know his name.

"Alejandro, and you are?"

"Mrs. Caffery", I said,"Do we have a deal Mr. Alejandro". I extent my hand and he took it.

In Spanish he told one of his men to get a car. They untied Michael too.

Yes!

"Mrs. Caffery, you are a lucky woman. I have half a mind to kill you right now. But, I'm only loyal to the highest bidder and right now that's you. The nearest town is 150 miles north of here, Estanque de León".

I walked pass him to help Michael up. On weak legs he got up, but was leaning heavily on me. I got him in the passenger seat and walked back around the Jeep Commander to give Alejandro my ring.

Smiling sickly Alejandro said,"Pressure doing business with you", I nodded and got in the Jeep. I drove slow at first looking out of the rear view mirror.

"They aren't following you, Jennifer. They have what they want. Your no good to them now". The Adam hallucination return he was sitting in the backseat. I started speeding.

"Why are you here!" I said feeding into my madness.

Smiling his sexy smile he said,"Keeping you safe. Now, drive faster, Michael needs medical attention badly".

I need a phone!

I looked around the car, with no luck. Michael was breathing hard. I wanted to put as much distance between us and Alejandro. So, I can't stop yet.

"Michael, talk to me bubby! Stay wake. I need you to do that. Ok? Stay wake!" He was faded. I kept talking to him and I got little moans. That will have to do.

I looked at the dashboard. Onstar! I can call Main House using that! I hit the button and after accepting all the charges the car phone rang. Pick up Adam! Nothing. I called Brandon next.

"Hello?" Brandon voice came on.

I launched into what happen.

"Jesus Christ, shit won't end. Do not come back to Paris. I'm driving to the airport now, I'll meet you in El Paso. Jennifer, you have to stay strong someone is picking us off. Adam was--" there was a loud banging sound.