King

Chapter 14

Jennifer

Thank God the plan worked. Liam had put my idea in to action. I watched the whole thing play out from the helicopter. We had to wait for reinforcements, but it was well worth the wait. We couldn't risk him leaving before we got here. If he vanished into the night we would never find him again. Liam gave me a very brief history on Alejandro. Basically, he's a gun for hire, ex-military so he knows what he's doing. His operation is relatively new, with only about 300 men at his control. He sticks to low level jobs: kidnapping, drug smuggling and hit orders. But, he is excellent at executing them; with a body count well into the thousands.

I got to change clothes too: into a white pant suit with heels. I had a limp, but the whole point was to look intimidating. Untouchable. And powerful. I brought an army here and Alejandro had no hope of escape.

I sat down at the opposite head of the table. Alejandro said,"Mrs. Caffery, you wasted no time coming back. How is Michael?"

Leading back in the chair and crossing my legs I said, He'll live no thanks to you".

Sizing me up and cutting right to the point he asked,"What can I do for you?"

I appreciated that, I don't have time for games. I also cut right to the point," You accepted at contract. I want to know from who?"

"Why, should I?" He said.

I raised an eyebrow, but kept my face stoic. I rose my hand slightly and Liam spoke into his walkie-talkie,"Do it".

The sound of gun shot filled the room.

With a dead look I said," You have seven men left out. When I run out of them", I motioned to the room," They will turn their guns on you. But, don't get relieved, we're not going to kill you immediately, we'll torture you until I get what I want. I want a name. And I want it now".

He stayed quiet. I raised my hand and gun shots rung out.

"That's six, Mr. Alejandro", I said.

He remain silent.

We did this until there was only one man left outside.

"He's not going to talk, love. You need to appease him. You have hurt the most important thing to a man like him. His ego". The Adam hallucination hadn't gone away. He was sitting next to me. The vision liked to pop up randomly.

"Why be loyal to someone who set you up. They underpaid you and got your men killed. Why be faithfully? I'm curious", I said. Something touched my leg. A cat? She rubbed against my leg purring. A black Siberian cat, if I get out of this, I'm taking you home with me.

"Not loyal or faithful. Once I give you what you want. I'll end up dead like them", Alejandro said bored.

"Use him", Adam said.

"You said your only loyal to money. Well, I have plenty of that. And no matter where you go I will be the richest person you met. I don't want to kill you Mr. Alejandro. I want to hire you".

He chuckled grimly.

"You laugh but, I did my homework on you. You like to stick to low-level crimes, but I see so much more potential in you. You took out one of the most powerful armies money can buy with a few good men in less than two hours. It's impressive, I'll give you that. With my money and power, I could make you more than just a gun for hire. If you follow me I will make you a king with only one God--- Caffrey."

"That's my girl, it's hot seeing you be the boss", The Adam hallucination said.

"A king you say", Alejandro was interested.

"Yes, you will know more than just, money you will know the power of my last name". I turned my attention to Liam,"Cut him lose". He did. Alejandro rubbed his wrist. He reached into his pocket and all the men in room the raised their gun ready to fire.

I remained calm.

"Relax", he said to the room.

He threw my ring at me and said,"Bellefonte. Jason Willam Bellefonte".

I caught it and put it back on my finger.

I knew it!

If he thinks I'll just let him get away with this he's wrong. I'll kill him.

"Anything I should know?" I asked coldly.

"He had a list of names all Caffery's: Rodger, Celine, Adam, Jennifer Brandon, Kairi and of course Michael.  One of the biggest hits I had ever seen. They all had to happen before midnight".

"Stay calm, love. You finally have him talking. Get everything you can", Adam said walking around the room.

"Do you know which ones were carried out?" I said.

"No, but I can check. All I need is a computer". We got him one. He told Liam what to type and we found the kill order. Liam showed me the screen. I read it:

Adam Fitzgerald Caffery: Order executed.

Jennifer Renee Caffery: Pending

Brandon Thomas Caffery: Order executed.

Michael Avery Caffery: Pending

Rodger Henry Caffery: Pending

Celine Adelia Caffery: Pending

Kairi Melody Caffery: Pending

"I want you to tell Jason. You carried out the hit on Michael and me", I said trying to stay calm.

Executed? Adam and Brandon. Celine checks this thing everyday. How did it fly under her radar. No it couldn't, I had to believe that Celine did everything she could to save them. She couldn't make it to Adam and Brandon, but she did make it to Rodger and Kairi.

"Done", Alejandro said snapping me back to reality,"You got a phone?" Liam looked to me worried. I nodded my head and told him to give Alejandro a phone.

"No, funny business. And put the phone on speaker phone", I said. He nodded and dialed a number.

The phone rang.

"Hello?" That was Jason's voice.

"Ya, it's me. I got the wife and the other brother", Alejandro said.

"Really, that was lucky. The funds are being wired as we speak", Jason was pleased with himself.

"Yeah, I know wasn't expecting two", Alejandro said staring blankly at me.

"How did it happen?" Jason asked. It sounded like he was on a beach somewhere.

He pause for a second but replied saying," We shot the boy in the head and cut her head off".

"Excellent", Jason said and then hung up. Liam took the phone away from Alejandro.

Almost instantly, Michael and I's status became; order executed. That will buy us some time.

"This is what's going to happen next, Mr. Alejandro. I'm going to set you up an account with 50 million dollars in it. You and your men are going after every Bellefonte until their name doesn't exist anymore. I want Jason to be the last one you kill. Can you do that?"

He let out a long whistle,"For that price I can do just about anything. How do you want it done?" Alejandro asked.

"I want you to put the fear of God back in him. So, get creative and report back to me daily by phone. If I call, you pick up. Once you have finished my list. You'll get an extra 50 million." I stood up to shake his hand. "Do we have a deal?"

He stood too,"You have more than that. You have my loyalty."

"Good, your men are outside", I said walking away with my men.

"I thought you killed them all", Alejandro said confused.

"I would never hurt those that follow me", I said throwing back to him.