Don't Make Me Regret

Chapter 19

Jennifer

I sat in my office waiting for Liam, Thomas, Ross, James and Alejandro to arrive. I couldn't just take Adam's office, it felt wrong sitting in his spot. Adam's office was all cherry wood and leather. You felt intimidated just walking combined with his sense of authority; if you were called for a meeting you came running.

Celine designed my office, she said it was a good distraction. The color design was white, gold and grey. The walls were light grey. I had a white executive desk with gold trimming and a marble top, with a matching chair. A hug faux sheepskin rug that covered the desk area. Behind me were three framed canvas portraits of: Coretta Scott King, Jackie Kennedy and Dorothy Lavinia Brown. My three heroes. Each canvas had a museum light. I had two floor-to-ceiling white bookshelves on the far ends. The office had a balcony too, but it was covered with white breezing curtains. In front me, was two long, cream sofa facing each other with a latte color coffee table. There was a gold power chair in the middle. Farer down there was a small Victorian styled fireplace and above it was a smart broad. There was a second floor, with a tight  curving  staircase, just covered with books and documents Everything was organized and clean. Bella had a bed in here too she mostly just like to sunbathe on the balcony.

When Nate saw the office he said it looked like a thrifty principal's office. There was a crazy amount of security here too, the coffee table opened up a door to a safe room. The desk had a panic button. The windows are bulletproof, I had a gun in my desk drawer and knifes hidden everywhere.

Today we are strateizing. So it was going to be a long day. I had food and drinks brought in and put against the wall. I had tablets for each person. On my tablet I had set up a baby monitor camera on Adam. I wanted to be the first to know when he woke up. It was calming just being able to look at him.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in", I said.

The men filed in. This will be the first time we all meet together. I stood flattening out my black asymmetrical skirt, it hugged my body in the right ways and made me feel like a boss. I paired it with a white loose button down shirt tucked inside the waistband and heels. I looked professional.

"Gentlemen, thank you for coming, so last minute. Please sit". I said walking to my power chair. Liam was dressed battle ready while Thomas, Ross and James were in suits. Alejandro looked like the person about to rob you in a dark ally way.

Everyone but Alejandro sat, he when straight from the food then sat with his feet on the table.

"Feet down", I said like my mom had always said to me as a child. He didn't listen so Ross kicked his feet down.

I sat in my chair,"It come to my attention that our friend Antonio is short changing us. I can't have that happening, and I don't give a damn about his excuses. He needs to be taught a lesson and I intend to give it to him. We have been on the defensive side since the attacks happen. That changes today, no more working in the shadows. It's time to come back hard. I have an idea, but I want to open the floor up to you".

"What is this?" Alejandro said holding up his plate.

"Not expecting that I said," A hush puppy".

"Its fucking good", he said continuing to eat.

Thank you?

"Who needs to die and for how much", Alejandro said bluntly.

Getting back on track I said,"No one necessarily needs to die, this is a reminder of our global standing in the world", I said blandly.