Understand

Chapter 35

Jennifer

Mommy and Me tea was a success. Kairi loved every moment. A good way to end the school year. Driving back to Main House Kairi fell asleep. I think the soft pitter patter of the rain relaxed her. I carried Kairi up to her room.

"Rough day?" Brandon said whispering. He was walking. Brandon had a limp and cane, but still vastly better than being almost paralyzed. I put Kairi in her bed and started to change her into her pajamas.

Whispering back to Brandon I said," Crazy, one girl had chamomile tea, with lemons", I said.

He gave me a light laugh," Thank you, for taking her. Kairi has been looking forward to this". Belle came into the room, almost like she sensed it was bedtime.

All that money I spent on a bed for her and she just wants to sleep with Kairi.

"It was nothing, I wanted to", I finally had Kairi in her bed. I looked around and saw her room. Messy. I started to clean up.

"So you don't need the wheelchair? Or do you just like bring your own seat?" I said joking.

Brandon when to the rocking chair and sat,"Only when my legs tenses up. Easier to move".

Throwing some toys in Kairi's toy chest I said,"Sure, trying to keep that premium parking".

Rolling up his sleeves Brandon said,"Thank you, not just for Kairi, but everything. If I didn't owe you after the explosion; I truly do now".

"At least two of the the Caffery brothers know how to say thank you", I said bitterly. The room was clean.

"Yeah, I think the whole house heard that", Brandon said uncomfortable.

"Good, like I give a damn", I said walking to the door.

"You want to get a drink? I know this place that's open 24/7, not to far from here and the drink are always on the house", Brandon said.

Laughing, I said," It sounds like a magical place. Where is it?"

"The kitchen, down stairs. The best place to get drunk is the ballroom, with all the chandeliers and gold".

"Sold. I need a drink. I'll meet you down there. I want to put on my pajamas", And to call Nate, he was in London. I think he bought an apartment. Maybe, I could crash there.

"Sure", Brandon said.

I went to my old room took a quick shower, changed and called Nate. He said he would be at Heathrow in the morning to pick me up. I was expecting him to say I told you so. But, he just listened and got me a plane ticket.

Ride or die.

I went down to the ballroom and found Brandon laying on the floor playing soft music with three decanters and two glasses.

Walking in I said,"Whiskey?"

"Nah, Brandy. For the classy drunk", he said sitting up. I sat next to him on the floor. The lights were dimly lit giving the room a soft glow. Brandon poured me a glass and said,"Can't get you to wasted with a five o' clock flight. You could always take my jet".