Leo

Chapter 21

Jennifer

"Come with us! I leave to tomorrow morning for Champagne Beach. You promised!" Nate said complaining. I showed Leo to his room right across from Dani's. I when back to Adams room to sit and plan more for the Morocco meeting. But, Nate came back in with Kairi. She was watching a tv show on her tablet.

"I don't have a babysitter, and I'm not going to leave Kairi with Celine and Rodger. They have a enough to deal with. I need to practice what I'm going to say at the Morocco meeting and a ton of planning for when Sliske Crypt is dead. I need to get you and Danielle's security teams ready, for travel. Adam could wake up too. There just to much to do, I'm sorry Nate."

"Dani can watch Kairi. You've been obsessing about this meeting for months. You are ready! And can do! Take a night off, let your hair down and come bar hopping with us like old times. You know like before you met this piece of shit".

"Stop it, Nate!" I said.

"Kairi go ask, Dani if she can watch you tonight", Nate said. She did.

He wasn't going to drop this.

"Okay if I say yes she comes with us during the day. I really don't think it's good for her to be cooped up in the house this long. And if, Dani doesn't mind she can watch Kairi at night."

"Yes!" Nate jumped.

"I have another condition," I said stopping the fun.

"Of course, let's hear it", Nate said what determination.

"Once Sliske is dead we'll control all of France hell most of Europe and the US. I was thinking that we should send Kairi to school with other children. I was reading this Mommy and Me blog and I don't want her to be awkward around her own peers. She's fine with adults, because that's all she's been around, but she should know other the kids. And not just the bitches at her dance class. Come with me to look at schools?"

Dramatically, Nate said,"Absolutely not, kids are mean! I'm not throwing her to the wolves. Kairi is like my baby! I'm not ready for this step. It's too much for her, it's too fast".

"Nate stop being an overprotective mom, we both don't have the time to watch her. And once Sliske is gone we won't have anymore threats. We'll find a good school and we'll enroll her".

"I want final say on the school! We're not just putting her anyway. I want a Montessori, private school that won't ruin her creativity. And the second a kid hurts her I'm going to jail for beating up a child. So bail me out".

"You are so going to be a helicopter mom. I thought I was going to be bad but you are ten times worse", I said.

Kairi came running back into the room she said," Yes," Kairi said with a big nod.

Ok then we are doing this.

"Deal, Nate," happily he said deal back. I told Kairi we were going to go out. I asked Dani and Michael if they wanted to go out with us; both said no. I changed into jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt, long coat and boots. I had a mommy bag with everything Kairi could need: food, water, a change of clothes, her tablet with a charger, blanket and a first aid kit. I was going to put her in a stroller because I knew she was going to get tired but Leo said he could carry her if she got tired. I set up Adams baby monitor so I could see him just in case he woke up.