"You're trying to escape?" I raise my eyebrow, unsure of whether this is a test of my loyalty or stupidity, "is that even possible? I haven't seen any doors or windows leading outside."

"Actually, there is one door." Heidi tells me as she sits on the desk chair.

"Go on, I'm listening." I nod at her, sitting down on the desk.

"It's near the master's meeting room where he has meetings with his good friends, but it's always locked. I don't think I've ever seen it open, but I know for sure that's the way out."

"Are you sure?" I frown, "if you've never seen it open how do you know it even opens? It could be a fake door or something."

Heidi shakes her head.

"How else would we get in here? How else would his friends or the master get in here?"

"I suppose you're right..." I mutter, thinking of other possibilities, "you've been here longer than me, I suppose you know this place much better than me."

Suddenly, my bedroom door opens and the girl in the blue dress pops her head round. She smiles at us then walks into the room without permission.

"Hi Heidi," she waves, "Are you coming back to our bedroom? The master gave me a DVD to watch."

Heidi looks from me to the girl, as if debating who she would rather spend time with, or wondering whether she heard us conspiring together.
The girl pulls a DVD case from behind her back and waves it teasingly in front of Heidi. It's Clueless, a movie my mom has been begging me to watch with her ever since I was young.

"Sorry Kyle, but I really want to watch this DVD," Heidi sighs, "I'll see you later."

"That's okay," I smile, "enjoy your movie!"

Heidi and the girl leave my bedroom, closing the door behind them.
Sighing, I grab the tv remotes and flop onto the bed. I realise one of them is for a DVD player, so I throw that one to the end of the bed since I don't have any DVDs to play.

I switch the tv on and I'm surprised that it actually works. I flick through the channels and I am again surprised at the amount it has. I decide to leave it on the news channel after going through all the channels twice.

"Seventeen year old Kyle Broflovski is unfortunately still missing," the news reporter says, "he disappeared last Friday evening when he and his friends were walking home from a party they had just attended."

The image switches from the newsroom to outside where two teenage boys who look my age are stood.
I don't remember who they are or why I would know them, but somehow I recognise them. It's like seeing someone from your past, but you can't quite recall who they are, except in my case I know that I've known them more recently. Are they high school friends?

"Kyle was a great guy," one with a Spanish accent starts, "always there for his friends, great secret keeper, y'know? Whenever the family business was suffering due to Yelpers, he was always there for us."

"The last time we saw Kyle was on the way home from Token's party," a short brunette continues as he wipes his tear filled eyes, "we dropped David off at his house, but then Kyle said he wanted to walk home on his own. I was sort of drunk at the time so I let him do it, but I know that that was a terrible mistake. We think that's when he went missing."

I switch the tv off quickly, unable to watch these two emotional teenagers almost crying on national tv because of my disappearance.
I'm sure that we are friends, but no matter how hard I try I can't think of who they are or when we hung out.
It's like my memory has been wiped.

I try as hard as I can to remember past waking up in the dark room, but I can't remember anything.
I can remember simple things, like my name and my address, but no friends' names come to mind, or any faces at all.

I flop back onto the bed in annoyance and think about my current situation and how Heidi and I can escape.
It's hard, since I don't know my way around this place or when that door is going to open, but I know for sure we're going to get out. We have to.
I can't spend my entire life here, I want to go home to my family!

I shut my eyes and try to visualise my family, but I can't see anything or anyone.