19

When I get back to my room, I jump in the shower straight away. The water hitting my hot skin feels amazing, but recent events prevent me from being able to relax.

Annie and Wendy being pulled out of the pond completely shocked me, but it has to be a coincidence. There must be more than one girl called Annie with blonde hair, or one called Wendy with black hair, but Starks Pond is in my home town and I never knew anyone else called Annie or Wendy.

Then I think about the sex I just had with Stan. Is he just using us all for sex or does he care about me more than the others? Does he care about me at all?

Before I know it, it's time to get out of the shower. Time flies quickly when you're worrying.
I grab a towel from the rack and wrap it around myself. I step out of the shower and exit the bathroom.

Forgetting I have no clothes, I open my wardrobe, but to my surprise it's full.
Crisp, white, ironed shirts and equally crisp and ironed grey and black pants are hung up, with clean white underwear and socks neatly placed inside the drawers.

It's weird, but I'm not going to complain.

I grab a white shirt and a pair of black jeans from the wardrobe and a pair of socks and underpants from the drawer.
I change into them quickly and find my shoes from underneath the bed, having left them there earlier.

Where to go now?
I could see whether the master is out of his office and do a little bit of snooping, or I could look for Wendy and Annie to see if they're still here.
I think looking for Annie and Wendy is my best option right now, who knows what'll happen if I go into the master's office now.

I leave my bedroom and knock on Annie's door, which is two doors away from mine. I wait for an answer, but it doesn't sound like anybody's in, unfortunately.
I do the same with Wendy's door, but I get the same result.

I still can't accept that they might be the girls from the pond. They can't be.
For some reason, I decide to go to the library.

When I get there, the door is unlocked and all of the lights are off. I don't know whether it's normal for the door to be unlocked, but I assume it's not.
I step inside and close the door behind me.

"Annie?" I call out, "Wendy?"

Nobody answers me, but I swear I hear a sniffle coming from one of the large bookshelves. I start slowly walking over, waiting for them to say something.

"Who's there?" A scared voice whispers.

"It's Kyle."

Annie's face peeks out from behind a bookshelf and I sigh with relief. I never thought I'd be relived that a stranger is still kidnapped and not found half-dead in a pond.

She sniffles again and gives me a small smile. She's obviously been crying since her eyes are red and watery and strands of her hair are sticking to damp spots on her face.

She wipes her nose on the back of her hand and steps out from behind the bookshelf. She walks over to one of the chairs in front of the fire place and sits down slowly.
This room is so cold, but there isn't even any wood to try and start a fire, so there's no way of it heating up.

"I miss my mom," Annie mumbles, "she was so nice... I think."

I sit on one of the chairs beside hers. Her eyes stare at the side of my neck, eyebrow slightly raised. Crap, I must have a hickey.
I cover it with my hand, blushing slightly.

"I miss mine too," I sigh, "I saw her on the news channel and she looked so sad that I was gone. I hope she doesn't stop looking for me."

Annie nods her head slightly whilst biting her lip. She brushes her hair out of her face and leans back in her chair.
We sit in silence for a while, not sure what to say to each other, the only noise being Annie's occasional sniffles as she tries not to cry again.

"My mom's going to stop looking for me, isn't she?" Annie breaks the silence, "they found the fake body in the pond didn't they?"

"Fake body?" I raise my eyebrow.

Annie nods.

"They our fake bodies in there that are so realistic it fools the stupid cops," she explains, "that way, they don't look for us anymore since they think they've found us."

"Jesus Christ..."

"I hate to admit it, but it's pretty smart," Annie sighs and kicks off her shoes, which are cute little orange flats with pink paw prints across them, "no wonder Doctor Marsh hasn't been caught yet."