I expected to feel a cold rush of air hitting me when the door opened, but the only thing that hits me is the harsh realisation that we're never getting out of here.
Instead of leading outside, the door leads to another room.

The walls are covered in book shelves that reach the ceiling and the floors covered in a large rug with famous book quotes. A fire place, much like the one in the dining room, takes up the majority of the wall opposite us and hung above it is the family photograph.
A semi circle of chairs face the fire place, each chair having its own table and desk lamp for easier reading.

I step inside, gasping at the amount of books on the walls. Some of them look hundreds of years old and written in different languages.
Heidi follows me, but she doesn't look at all impressed with the place.

"Books!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Shit!" Heidi shouts in annoyance, clenching her fists tightly, "I really thought we were getting out of here."

"You really think it would be that easy to leave?" The master's voice laughs as one of the chairs spins around to face us. He looks like he should be stroking a white cat with a gloved hand like most evil villains in movies, "what kind of idiot do you take me for?"

He clicks his fingers and the door slams shut. I spin around in shock, thinking he has some supernatural abilities, but his butler closed it for him.

"Garrison, you are dismissed," the master waves his hand at him in a dismissing gesture, "go have fun."

"Thank you sir." The butler bows before disappearing behind a row of shelves.

The master turns back to us, a look of enjoyment and satisfaction covering his face.
Heidi grabs my hand and squeezes it, practically showing her fear to the enemy.

"So," the master smirks, spinning in his chair continuously so much I'm surprised he isn't getting dizzy, "you thought this was your ticket out of here, huh?"

We don't say anything, we just hang our heads in shame and embarrassment.
The master leaves his chair and walks towards us, his footsteps echoing around the room creepily.

"I asked you if you thought this was your ticket out of here," he snarls through gritted teeth, stopping in front of us, "who's clever idea was this?"

Heidi and I both start talking at once, trying to take the blame off the other. It was Heidi's original idea, but it was me who came up with the escape plan and waiting for him to get distracted before making out quick getaway.

"-Kyle had nothing to do with it!" Heidi lies.

"-It was totally my idea!" I say at the same time.

The master stands silently for what feels like an eternity, his eyes studying the both of us carefully as if he's reading a difficult exam question.
He's waiting for one of us to crack, I just know it.

"Neither of you are leaving until I know the truth." He says slowly, like a parent waiting for their children to admit who broke a vase.

I squeeze Heidi's hand three times, which was a signal we agreed on earlier in the evening. Two squeezes means that we want the other to take the blame for it, three squeezes means we're going to take the blame.

"It was Kyle's idea," she mutters hesitantly, "he's been planning this since he got here, sir."

The master studies Heidi's face for anything that will give our lie away, but luckily we practiced our facial expressions whilst we learned our lines in case we got caught.
We planned as thoroughly as we could, taking into account the possibility of this door not leading outside, which it didn't.

"Kyle," he finally says, turning his body to me, "I know it's difficult here but this is not how things work around here. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to be punished."

"Punished?" I scoff, "how kinky can you get?"

The master claps his hands twice and his butler returns from behind the bookshelves.

"Sir?" He asks.

"Please escort Kyle to the isolation room." The master sits back down on his chair and spins so he's facing the fireplace again.

"Yes sir." The butler bows.

He doesn't look strong enough to escort me anywhere, but when he grabs me by the shoulders and starts pushing me towards the door I can tell I'm very wrong.
His strong grip is making it impossible to even turn to look at Heidi, whose eyes are brimming with fearful tears.

"No!" She cries, the tears spilling down her cheeks, "you can't! Don't hurt Kyle, he's new here. He doesn't know the rules!"

"Garrison." The master calls.

The butler stops, but his grip on my shoulders doesn't lessen.
He turns me to face the back of the master's chair.

The master doesn't turn around, he just says one sentence that sets Heidi off screaming.

"Take her instead."