34

I cry out in pain as my back hits the hard floor after being shoved backwards. My chest also hurts from the harsh shove, but not as much as my back.

The second I hit the floor someone screams.

It's a feminine scream. A high pitched feminine scream.

My eyes snap open at the sound just as a tiny body falls onto mine. I feel blood seeping into my clothes.

"Annie!" I yelp, sitting bolt upright and turning her over in my arms.

Everything else that's happening around me doesn't matter right now. Bebe could shoot somebody else, but that's not my concern right now. Annie is my concern.

Her eyes are half-lidded and full of tears which are slowly sliding down her pale cheeks, her lips are slightly parted after her scream, but no noise is coming out now, as if she is still screaming silently.
She's breathing heavily, almost panting, and her breaths are wheezy.

My eyes begin to overflow with tears as I see the huge hole in her chest. The bullet hasn't gone through the other side so it must be buried inside her body somewhere, which is a terrifying thought.
I grab her hands and press them against her wound to try and stop the bleeding, but she's too weak to keep the pressure on it.

"Annie, what did you do?" I demand through sobs.

She smiles weakly and coughs violently.
Thick blood seeps through her lips and trickles down her chin.

"I saved you," she croaks, "you made me feel special in a way nobody in this place or at home ever has. Thank you, Kyle. You're like the brother I never had."

She strokes my cheek with one of her bloody hands, smiling still. I find the strength to smile back since I want her final memory of me to be a happy one.
Well, as happy as it can get due to the circumstances.

Her eyes finally glaze over and her wheezy breathing stops. She's dead.

I let out a long, emotion-filled scream that does make me feel kinda stupid, but it's the only way I can think to let my emotions out.
It sounds like a pained howl an injured animal would make, but at this point I couldn't care less what I sound like.

Annie was the closest thing to family I had here. She was like a little sister to me.
I almost felt like I was back at home with Ike.

A hand on my shoulder drags me out of my thoughts and I look up to see Wendy trying to keep herself up using my shoulder.
She doesn't look broken anymore, she looks pissed off.

"You're a fucking monster!" She screams, "you just killed her!"

At first, it looks like she's screaming at Bebe, but she points at Doctor Marsh.

"You're a fucking murderer!"

He chuckles and takes the gun from Bebe's hands. He slips it into his back pocket.

"I didn't pull the trigger, did I?"

"You gave her the gun and asked her to kill somebody for you," Wendy argues, "you killed Annie!"

I look up at Bebe, who doesn't look as if she shot an innocent little girl. She looks almost pleased.

"Annie was so annoying," Bebe shrugs, "always sneaking around with Kyle or screaming during the night. I knew that if I aimed at Kyle she'd jump to his rescue."

"You're sick," I almost feel like laughing at how disgusting and sick she is, "how could you say that?"

Bebe shrugs again, a creepy smile plastered on her face.

Wendy shakes her head and wipes her eyes quickly with the back of her hand, slightly smudging some eyeliner.

"I really liked you, Bebe," she mumbles, "you were here for me and I loved you. You even said you loved me."

"I do love you." Bebe says, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I thought you loved Stan?" I frown, now completely confused.

"I do..." Bebe bites her lip, "they're both perfect and I know I can only have one, but I can't stop having feelings for them both."

Doctor Marsh frowns and grips her shoulder tightly. She visibly winces at this, but he doesn't pull away, his grip actually seems to get tighter.

Wendy releases her grip on my shoulder and walks over to Bebe. She cups the blonde's face in her hands and presses their foreheads together.

"Choose me," Wendy tells her, "when we get out of here we'll get you some help and we'll be together."

"It sounds amazing. I can't wait." Bebe smiles.

She presses their lips together and wraps her arms around Wendy, who tangles her fingers in Bebe's hair.

Suddenly, there's a loud gunshot and Bebe falls to the floor.