30

While Stan is outside talking to his sister, Doctor Marsh and I clean up the table. Tweek is so high he's counting his hand wrinkles whilst humming the tune to Muppet Babies, which means he can't clean up with us.

It doesn't take too long to clean up since it's just some playing cards, poker chips and Stan's glass, but it's still annoying that Tweek can't help.

Just as I'm about to put away Stan's glass, the door reopens. Stan doesn't come back in, he instead stands in the doorway and looks to the floor.

"Umm... Kyle, I'm going to need you to step out here for a second." He mumbles.

Without asking questions, I leave the room. Stan shuts the door and leans against it, looking like a child who has just found out Santa Claus doesn't exist.
I lean against the wall beside Stan and wait for someone to tell me what's going on.

"It's about Heidi," Shelly begins slowly, "and this is quite big news so you might need to sit down or something, but-"

"Can you just tell me already? Is she dying or something?" I ask anxiously. 

"No... she's pregnant." Shelly finally tells me.

Pregnant? Holy shit.
What if it's mine? We did have sex, but how could she tell this early on? How early on can you tell? I really should've listened during science.

"It's not yours, if that's what you're thinking," Stan notices my worried expression, "Shelly says she's at least five months pregnant so if it was you, you would've had to have met her at least five months ago."

That does put me at ease a little, but the fact still remains that she's pregnant and we can't do anything about it.
Also, Stan knows we fucked. God damnit.

"So do you need to take her to the hospital or something?" I ask, "she can't have it here. It'll be too painful and nowhere near sanitary enough."

"Unfortunately yes," Stan sighs, "it puts everyone here at risk and it's something I'd rather avoid, but I'd also rather avoid her giving birth in here without medical assistance."

"I'm a Doctor." Shelly points out, but Stan ignores her.

"Kyle can go too. He can say he's the father." Stan looks over at me to see if I'm on board with his plan, but I'm actually confused as to why I have to go.

"Why can't you go?" Shelly asks for me, raising her eyebrow.

"Come on, me?" Stan scoffs, "I happen to be in a ton of magazines for being a successful businessman's son, so if the media think I got a girl pregnant it'd be everywhere."

Shelly rolls her eyes, but she doesn't say anything else so I'm guessing she agrees with him.
I have a few questions of my own, such as how we get out of here and why sending two missing kids to the hospital is a good idea, but I keep my mouth shut and just let Stan and Shelly plan it out.

"I'll stay here just in case, but you and mom can go too right? Pretend to be Heidi's family or something," Stan thinks out loud, "could you do that, Shel?"

"I suppose," Shelly shrugs, "but what will you tell dad? You're taking two people out of here and they're not supposed to even speak to you."

A hand grabs my shoulder and I almost scream but I manage to control myself.
I turn around and see Sharon Marsh stood behind me and to my luck she's smiling.
It could be a lot worse, she could be mad.

"Kyle, I've been looking for you!" She tells me, releasing my shoulder and instead grabbing my hand, "I saw you come in but I couldn't say anything because my husband was there."

She pulls me away from Stan and Shelly, then digs through her purse with her free hand and pulls out a crappy flip-phone.

"This is for you," she presses it into my hand and lets go of the other, "text her when you get a chance."

With no further explanation, she walks off.

I look at the phone in my hands. I flip it open and quickly search through it.
There's only one contact on the phone and it has no name, which is a little odd, but I recognise the phone number.

It's my mom's number.