"I've missed you so much," Mom whispers into my hair, pulling me into her even more, "I can't believe you're here. It doesn't feel real."

"I feel like I'm dreaming." I mumble into her shirt.

She laughs and sniffles.

"Please don't cry, you're going to make me cry." I tell her, since I am holding back tears that I've been holding back for so long now.

A police officer comes over to tell us to head inside and a group of other officers surround us to block us from the cameras.
We go inside and shut the door on all of the reporters and paparazzi.

I look around the house and a wave of sadness washes over me.
It looks exactly like how it did when I saw it on the news: photographs of me everywhere, various 'missing child' posters pinned to the walls and mess everywhere.
It feels weird being here, surrounded by photos of me that I don't remember being taken. I feel like I've died and gone to my own funeral.

"Ky!"

I look to the sofa and see Ike scrambling to his feet. He throws his arms around me and starts sobbing into my shirt. I also begin sobbing, having missed him so much.
Once I start crying I can't stop. I've opened the floodgates and they're not going to close for a while.

"Dad's at work right now, but I'm sure he'll come home when he hears the news." Ike tells me, releasing me from the hug.

"He still lives here, after what he did?"

Ike looks confused.

"He beat me half to death in the kitchen, how do you not remember?" Now I'm getting confused. Did that even happen? "He got mad at you for being with that goth kid and beat me."

Ike shakes his head.

"No, he got mad because he caught me getting high with Firkle and grounded me. That's all that happened." He frowns.

Why did I have a flashback/dream/nightmare of it then? Was it even a flashback or was it just some kind of nightmare based off the event? I guess I'll never know.

Ike spots Heidi behind me and gasps.

"You're that girl who went missing! Girl, there are conspiracy theories aboot your disappearance. Shane fricking Dawson did a video surrounding you!" He grabs his phone and loads up the video to show her the thumbnail, "you should totally do an interview with him at some point."

A semi-awkward silence falls over us as a cop walks into the room.

"I'm going to need to talk to you, Mr. Broflovski. We can do it here instead of going to the station if that makes you feel more comfortable."

"Sure. We can go to my room."

The officer nods and I lead him up to my bedroom.
I'm shocked for a second when I enter. It's exactly how I left it. Even my trash and dirty laundry hasn't been touched.

I sit on the edge of my bed and the officer sits on my desk chair. He pulls out a small audio recorder, sets it on the desk and then pulls out a notebook and pen.

"For the benefit of the tape, I am speaking with Kyle Broflovksi who returned to his home on the 27th of May," he announces before turning towards me, "So, did you run away or did you get kidnapped?"

"My memory is a little hazy," I admit, hoping this doesn't ruin the investigation, "but I think I was kidnapped along with eight other people."

The officer raises his eyebrows at the number and notes something down.

"I can name them if you like."

The officer raises his eyebrows again and nods.

"Well, Heidi was there, obviously. Then there was Esther, Wendy, Butters, Nichole, some girl I didn't know and..." I trail off, a wave of sadness passing over me, "and Annie who got killed by Bebe, who is also dead."