33

How could he just leave me like that?

Bebe's screams are becoming almost painful to listen to, so I have to deal with her somehow. But it's the how to deal with her that I'm unsure of.

The shard of mirror glints teasingly beside me, but I push the dark thoughts aside and try to grab both of her wrists with one hand and cover her mouth with the other, but she bites my finger when I try.

I pull my hand back and hope it doesn't bleed, but as I do so she shoves me onto my back and leaps to her feet.
For a second I think she's going to stab me with the mirror, but she just starts kicking me over and over again.

"Bebe, please calm down." Doctor Marsh's oddly calm voice says.

She stops kicking me and looks behind me at Doctor Marsh. She screams again, this time even louder than before.
I look behind me and almost scream with her.

He has a gun.

My heart drops and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from screaming. I can taste blood and I can feel fearful tears sliding down my cheeks.

"There's no need to cry, Kyle," he gives me a creepy smile, "if you behave you won't get punished."

I don't know whether the gun is loaded or if it's even real, but my heart is still thumping and I feel like I can't breathe.
If I had to describe my current situation in one word it would be 'HOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCK

"Bebe, my dear, could you please step away from Kyle and come over here?" Doctor Marsh asks, his creepy grin still covering his face.

Bebe nervously walks over to Stan's father, whimpering pathetically with each step.

I think she's expecting him to grab her and shoot her, but instead he grabs her wrist and presses the gun into the palm of her hand.
He closes her fingers and releases her wrist.

"This will be better than that mirror," he tells her in a calming voice, "you don't need to be scared of it, it's just an object. It won't hurt anything unless you make it, like that mirror. You're not scared of that mirror, right?"

Bebe shakes her head and sniffles. She straightens her back and shakes her long hair off her shoulders.

"I'm not scared," she croaks, "not scared."

Doctor Marsh smiles.

"Good."

I hear footsteps, so I look in front of me and see Stan, followed by Annie, Wendy and his mom.
His mom seems to be in a daze I hadn't noticed earlier, humming to herself and staring into space with her glazed eyes. It's like she's been drugged.

"Dad?" Stan frowns, his eyes spotting the gun, "what are you doing with that gun?"

Bebe tosses her hair again and aims the gun at me with no reason, grinning proudly like a child who has learned how to pee by them self.

"I feel powerful." She mutters, pulling it away from my direction.

Annie and Stan look horrified, but their facial expressions are nothing compared to Wendy's.

She's in tears, her bottom lip quivering as she tries not to make any noise. She suddenly drops to her knees, her head resting on the floor. She lets out a slight whimper, but that's the only noise I hear from her.

Bebe's face softens slightly when she notices Wendy falling to the floor, but she doesn't go over to her or drop the gun.

Doctor Marsh notices, but also doesn't do anything.
Instead, he walks from behind Bebe and stands behind me. He grabs me by my collar, pulling me to my feet, and shoves me forward, into Stan.

"Bebe, I need you to make an important decision for me." He turns back to her, circling her like a vulture circling its prey.

"I'll do anything." She says, making him smile.

"I want you to shoot one of them," he whispers into her ear, "and I want you to pick."

Any sane person would decline his request and leave as quickly as possible, but I don't think Bebe is a sane person; she grins, nods and aims the gun at me.

"Bye bye, Kyle," she says in an unsettlingly sweet voice, "it was horrible knowing you."

I hear the loud gun shot and within seconds my back hits the floor.