35

Wendy screams.

I scream.

Everyone screams except for Bebe and Stan's father.

"What the fuck, dad?" Stan demands, finally getting involved, "what the actual fuck?"

Doctor Marsh shrugs for what feels like the millionth time, his creepy grin once again plastered on his face.

"Sorry, son. She was boring me." Is his reply, before he shoves his hands into his pockets and begins walking away, but I don't know where to.

"You're a fucking monster," Wendy calls after him, picking up she long skirts and chasing after him, "get your creepy ass back here so I can strangle you with my bare hands!"

Wendy is so fuelled with rage that she's chasing a man with a loaded gun. Sure, there's a chance he's ran out of bullets, but a sick weirdo like him wouldn't only have two bullets. He probably has more in his pockets, ready to shoot us all if we don't follow his commands.

"Wendy, wait! That's not a safe idea." Stan shouts to her, but she doesn't listen and keeps going.

Doctor Marsh turns quickly, his arm pointing the gun out again.

Wendy still doesn't stop.
She reaches out and grabs the gun, snatching it from his hands. She points it at him and tries her best to look dominant over him, but he's a lot taller than her.

"You're going to shoot me?" He laughs, "won't that make you a monster?"

"No. It's going to make me a hero."

Wendy pulls the trigger with no hesitation, but nothing happens.
It clicks, but that's it. There's no bullets left.

Doctor Marsh bursts into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. He leans against the wall for support as he laughs, almost in tears at what he thinks was funny.

Wendy looks back at us, looking somehow more concerned than before, then back at Stan's father who is now on the floor and clutching his stomach whilst still laughing.

"What's so fucking funny?" Wendy demands, aiming the gun again, "you think I won't do it?"

"The gun..." Doctor Marsh finally speaks in between laughter, "it's out of bullets. It's useless."

Wendy screams in anger and throws it at the wall. It makes a dent due to the force.
Sharon stops humming to herself and almost jumps out of her skin at the loud noise.

She looks around, looking more confused than everyone else, her eyes darting around the room and at everyone's faces.
They fall on Bebe's body and she quickly covers her mouth with her hands before she screams.
She looks over at me, her eyes spilling tears.

"Mom, it's okay," Stan says soothingly, reaching up and tucking her hair behind her ear, "everything is going to be okay."

Sharon doesn't look like she believes him, but nods anyway.

"Can you please find Heidi for me?" Stan asks her.

She nods again and walks away quickly, almost running. I wish I could go with her.

I look back over to Wendy, who is now aiming the glass shard at Doctor Marsh's head. How did I miss the build up to this? I looked away for five seconds!
Despite his situation, Doctor Marsh is still maniacally laughing. It's really creepy.
Wendy aims again and goes to stab him, but at the last second she hesitates.

"You're weak!" Doctor Marsh cackles, "you'll never be anything more than a weak little girl."

Then, something inside Wendy snaps.

She grabs Stan's father by the collar and throws him to the floor, somehow having enough strength to do so. She screams loudly, stomping on his back until something cracks and he stops laughing to yell at the top of his lungs.

She ignores his screams and continues until Stan grabs her from behind and pulls her away from him, but even then she's kicking and screaming to be let go.
By this point, Stan's mother has returned with Heidi and the two of them look terrified.

Doctor Marsh has stopped yelling in pain. He's pathetically whimpering and quivering like a cold dog.
Stan takes one last look at his father before telling us that it's time to go.