31

I pocket the flip phone and walk back over to Stan and Shelly, planning to text my mom as soon as I get back to my room.
Sharon didn't take us too far from Stan and Shelly, but they were out of earshot. There's still a chance one of them saw the phone.

"We've worked out the plan." Shelly tells me as I rejoin them.

"You, Shelly and mom are going to take Heidi to the hospital tomorrow evening when it's really dark, but we're going to ask Bebe to do your makeup so you look a little different," Stan explains, "Do you have a problem with the plan?"

I shake my head. It's not exactly a solid plan but I'm sure we'll work it out as we go along.

"Sounds great. Now, I'm really tired after that game so I'm gonna go to bed, if that's okay?" I'm not actually tired, I just really want to text my mom in secret.

"Sure. Sleep well." Stan smiles.

As I walk past him, he pulls me back by my waist and quickly kisses my cheek.
Shelly rolls her eyes, but you can tell she thinks it's cute.

Smiling to myself, I walk back to my bedroom, my whole body aching to finally contact my mother.

I've completely lost track of the amount of days I've spent here, the amount of days I've been away from my family.
If I had to guess, I'd say two weeks, but I'm probably wrong. Each day is just merging with the next and making it seem like one long day.

When I finally reach my bedroom, I notice it's changed.

Instead of my large double bed in the middle of the room, two single beds are at either side of the room, with the desk I never use in between them.
One bed almost covers the bathroom door, but it's been placed so there's enough room for somebody to get into the room.

Speaking of the bathroom, as the shock of the room change wears off, the bathroom door opens and Butters walks out, dressed up in one of his dresses and one of his wigs.

It's turquoise, like his jacket, with a purple flower near his right shoulder and a matching purple pocket where his left breast would be if he was a woman. The bottom and top of the dress are green, as are the bows on his blonde wig.

"Oh, uhh, hi Kyle," He nervously smiles, rubbing his knuckles together, "sorry, I w-was just playing dress up. It's my favourite game."

"It's fine. You look cute."

His face lights up at the compliment and I can tell I'm probably one of the first people to ever accept him for dressing up like this. He did tell me his father called him a disappointment to the family now that I think about it.

"Well, you have the room to yourself for a while. One of the pretty ladies told me she would do my makeup in her room," Butters adjusts his wig so it covers his natural hair and heads to the door, "see you later."

When the door clicks shut, I head to the bathroom. Now that I know Stan has cameras in almost every room, I have to be careful not to get caught with this phone. It may be my only chance of getting out of here.

Luckily Butters hasn't left his dress up stuff all over the floor, so I don't have to slow myself down by cleaning anything up.
I shut the door behind me, lock it, then sit on the floor with my back to the door.

I open up the phone and text mom's number.

K: mom? Is that you?

I don't know whether I get charged for each text I send, so I'll have to be careful with how long my messages are and how many I send in case I run out of credit.
It's also such a hassle to type with the stupid buttons with three letters per button. Damn flip phones, why couldn't Sharon give me a smartphone?

It doesn't take long for the phone to ping.

Contact: Kyle?
Contact: Oh thank God!
Contact: I can't believe I'm really speaking to you!
Contact: What's happening?
Contract: Where are you?

One thing I've always hated about my mom is how she texts.

K: I don't know what's happening. All I know is I'm stuck in some weird 'dollhouse' with a bunch of girls. There's only one other guy.
K: The guy in charge says he's saving us all from abuse.

Contact: That's ridiculous!
Contact: You weren't abused, your father just lost control of his emotions because he was upset about your brother.
Contact: I'm sorry he hurt you.
Contact: Do you know where you are?

K: I'm sorry, but I don't know. Also, it doesn't matter whether he lost control of his emotions. He almost beat me to death, mom.

I suddenly hear movement from inside my room, so I jump to my feet and turn on the shower to make some noise.

"And this is... uhh... the new servant's quarters. They sleep in the same place as the girls because they're here to serve the girls, not me." I hear Stan tell who I presume is his father whilst giving him a tour.

"I see," His father mumbles, not sounding very interested, "is the shower on? I thought he was busy working."

Shit.

"I told him he could have a quick break," Stan says smoothly. He bangs on the bathroom door, "hurry up, Kyle, you're missing work."

"Sorry! I'm almost done." I lie, quickly stripping.

I jump into the shower and wet my hair for a second to make it believable. I didn't check for a towel, but luckily there is one on the floor that looks clean.
I turn off the shower, wrap the towel around myself and hide the phone under the rug on the floor. I'll come back for it later, so it's not like I need to find a good hiding place.

I leave the bathroom and greet Stan and his father, who looks slightly embarrassed to see me only in a towel.

"We should go, Stanley, and let Kyle change in peace." He clears his throat awkwardly and shuffles towards the door.

Stan winks at me, grinning.

"Yes, father. Let's go to the library next."