Chapter 1

June 12 1975

The 2 brothers splashed around in the water, but everytime they walked a little too far out, they would hear a bellowing yell from behind them, which made them run out of the water and back to the pile of blankets underneath a big umbrella, where Mr and Mrs. Menendez were laying. Kitty was reading some random magazine while Jose was keeping a close eye on his boys to make sure they didn't misbehave. The brothers only worry was whether their sand castle would stay standing all day before they left.

July 22 1982

Erik and Lyle sat on the couch watching reruns of the Jetsons and waiting for dinner to be ready. Kitty called them into the dining room and they all sat down. Kitty across from Lyle, Erik next to Lyle and Jose at the head of the table. "Well everybody I have some good news, I got the job." Jose said, smiling smugly and looking at his family, to which they applauded and smiled at each other. "We will be moving within the next few weeks, I'll have some guys come by this weekend to start packing up. I already bought the house and everythings settled with schooling." Kitty and Jose started talking amongst themselves, but Lyle and Erik remained quiet, both feeling anxiety fill their bodies as they thought about having to make friends, so they could stay away from their house as long as they could. "Lyle, you'll start in 8th grade at Beverly Hills Middle School." Erik lost interest as they started talking about the tennis program, so he sat and played with his food, until his dad excused him from the table.