Chapter 11

/Sarah/
I woke up and looked around, noticing I wasn't in my room. I sat up and felt Lyles arm slide off my waist. "Morning." I whispered, scared to wake anybody up. "What time is it?" he mumbled into the pillow. "9ish. I'm gonna go see if Eriks awake." I said, as he rolled off the bed and went to his closet. I walked a few steps to Erik's door and opened the door slowly. He rolled over and smiled at me as I walked in. "Good morning." he lazily smiled. "Feeling better?" he laughed. After not talking to these boys for 2 weeks, and for them to welcome me back with open arms, like no time has passed at all made my heart warm and I couldn't help but laugh with him. "Yeah." I said, laying down and leaning against the headboard next to him. "Sarah, I wanted to apologize for being a dick recently, I just have a lot going on right now, and I didn't mean to push you away, I promise I'll try to get better at that." he said, looking at me. "I understand Erik, I really do, I'm also sorry I pushed you away. My anxiety has just been incredibly bad recently aka why I've been smoking quite a bit. I know I shouldn't have turned to drugs, and turned away from you." I said, grabbing his hand. "I forgive you." he said, squeezing my hand. "But please don't smoke anymore or maybe just once in a while. I don't want you to die." "I will, I swear." I said, smiling. "I'm hungry." Erik said, as his stomach growled. "Me too." I said, as he stood up and put his hand out for me. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself into his chest, wrapping my arms around his back. "I forgive you too." I said, smiling into his chest. "Yay! Group hug!" Lyle said, as he stepped in the room and stood behind me, wrapping his arms around the both of us. "Can't breathe." I huffed, in between the two of them. "Oops." Lyle said, backing up, smiling. "Lets go, I think mom made pancakes." We walked down the stairs and I noticed Jose in the lounge and he looked up when I got to the landing. "Well hello Sarah, haven't seen you in a while." he smiled, setting his newpaper to the side. "Hi Mr. Menendez, good to see you too." I said, as we all walked into the dining room. "See boys at least someone shows me respect around here." he said, sitting at the head of the table, staring down the two boys sat to either side of him. "Oh Jose, it's too early for this." Kitty smiled, and gave me a hug, before sitting down across from Erik who was next to me. We ate with the occassional question directed towards me, but nothing too crazy and he didn't seem to attack Erik as much with the trivia questions, but maybe that was a dinner special. "Thank you so much for having me, but I better be getting home." I said, heading towards the door. "You're welcome anytime." Kitty said, as she cleared the table. "See you later." Jose said, as he walked to his office. Erik and Lyle both put on their shoes and followed me on the short journey to my house. "See you Monday." I said, hugging both of them. "Good luck for tomorrows tournament." I waved as they walked off. My front door was barely opened before I was yelled at. "Where the fuck were you, you little whore?" My dad screamed at me as he kicked my shin, which made me fall, but didn't make him stop kicking, once I was sure there was internal bleeding, he finally had enough and walked off, but not after yelling more profanities at me. I opened my eyes and through the tears I saw my mom watching me, before turning away. I crawled upstairs as fast as possible, without hurting myself anymore. I laid on my bed and felt the throbbing in my head tack over, I silently wished that I had a concussion and I wouldn't wake up again, so I could finally be free.